• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Apprentice finalist is a slimy IT recruitment agent!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Its not a business program. Its an entertainment program. ... They should pick the best people.
    Entertainment programs get their ratings by not picking the best people, but picking those who provide the best entertainment.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
      Thing is if he owns a £3M turnover business it means he can have his flash cars and big houses (all on HP - he will never own them) he will then be able to tell everyone he owns a £3M business and he will be knee deep in clunge.

Winner.
      he was earning £200k/y at 24 he'll already be knee deep

Comment

How much longer can the Apprentice as a show and concept go on for. It's jumped the shark surely? I mean do any of the winners actually go on to do anything worthwhile in the Sugar business empire or is that not the point?

I've never manged to sit through a full episode.

Comment

Originally posted by pr1 View Post
          he was earning £200k/y at 24 he'll already be knee deep
          You believe that?

He also said on his website that he is APSCo accredited - you believe that too?

SurAlan seems happy to promote fraudsters. If it gains him another few quid.

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
            How much longer can the Apprentice as a show and concept go on for. It's jumped the shark surely? I mean do any of the winners actually go on to do anything worthwhile in the Sugar business empire or is that not the point?

As long as media needs people, this show will be a springboard.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              You believe that?

He also said on his website that he is APSCo accredited - you believe that too?

SurAlan seems happy to promote fraudsters. If it gains him another few quid.
              If a 23 yo guy in a suit is buying everyone drinks saying he's on 200k does it matter whether it's true or not?

Comment

I think it died when it stopped being an "apprentice" job (probably a year or two before that actually, when it came out that there wasn't actually a job for them to do link) - the "business partner" stuff has just been flogging the dead horse for as long as people keep watching it

Comment

I'm guessing the 200k was turnover he earned for the company. Not 100% lies but not totally truthful either. As Karen pointed out after one of his 'pick me' speeches in the boardroom, "said like a true sales person".

I do find the show a bit more interesting now they are aiming to launch a business not just become a permie in the AMS empire. Think they changed to that approach a few years ago so maybe it's due another refinement where they do tasks based on each other's business idea and they run as PM, so the business idea is more integrated into the whole show. [I'll accept cash for this idea, no tulip cryptocurrency or trashy Amstrad products. ]
                  Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

You'd think a sweet shop would fit nicely into a sugar empire....
                    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                      Entertainment programs get their ratings by not picking the best people, but picking those who provide the best entertainment.
                      Such as:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Katie_Hopkins

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Ap...U.S._TV_series)
                      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                      X