• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Apprentice finalist is a slimy IT recruitment agent!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apprentice finalist is a slimy IT recruitment agent!

Not watched much of this year's show, same old same old, but watched last night's where the final 5 get their business plans scrutinised.

A bit surprised to see one of the two finalist is some wet behind the ears yet done it all IT recruitment agent, hoping to set up his own firm by stealing contacts from when he was employed (and sacked) from a major international agency.

You don't need to have watched it to imagine how the kid looks and comes across. Brylcream boy is alive.

Less surprising was his dishonesty, all part of the job. Laughed when he got pulled up for having an accreditation on his website he hasn't bothered paying for. Start as you mean to go on.

If you're on here you parasitic

No doubt will go on to win it with the only competition being some bint selling retro sweets.
    Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Retro sweets were fashionable - about 6 years ago.

I know cos I use to feed them to the foreign people I worked with them though a Scottish chap kept taking more than his share
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      Retro sweets were fashionable - about 6 years ago.

I know cos I use to feed them to the foreign people I worked with them though a Scottish chap kept taking more than his share

So pre the cupcake craze?

Figures, I think they said she'd been running the business for about 6 or 7 years but was now 'all lined up to go to the next level' with nookie bear's money and influence.

It does seem a bit late to the party seeing as retro sweets are already prevalent in shops and she's not even making her own, just repackaging the mainstream ones.

Oh well, can't be any worse than yet another recruitment agency.

Neither finalist seems to have a USP so meh.
      Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
        So pre the cupcake craze?

Figures, I think they said she'd been running the business for about 6 or 7 years but was now 'all lined up to go to the next level' with nookie bear's money and influence.

It does seem a bit late to the party seeing as retro sweets are already prevalent in shops and she's not even making her own, just repackaging the mainstream ones.

Oh well, can't be any worse than yet another recruitment agency.

Neither finalist seems to have a USP so meh.

A recruitment agent won it before - Ricky Martin. So maybe he'll go for something different, although I couldn't really see the sweets being a goer.

Comment

Not watched much of this year's show, same old same old, but watched last night's where the final 5 get their business plans scrutinised.

A bit surprised to see one of the two finalist is some wet behind the ears yet done it all IT recruitment agent, hoping to set up his own firm by stealing contacts from when he was employed (and sacked) from a major international agency.

You don't need to have watched it to imagine how the kid looks and comes across. Brylcream boy is alive.

Less surprising was his dishonesty, all part of the job. Laughed when he got pulled up for having an accreditation on his website he hasn't bothered paying for. Start as you mean to go on.

If you're on here you parasitic

No doubt will go on to win it with the only competition being some bint selling retro sweets.
          This is a big thing for me - ok so you have lied on your website.

So we have no idea when you are lying or telling the truth therefore I will simply assume you lie all the time so fook off.

But I think I am a bit honest and naive!

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
            A recruitment agent won it before - Ricky Martin. So maybe he'll go for something different, although I couldn't really see the sweets being a goer.
            Nookie Bear does seem to be between a rock and a hard candy place. Surely he checks each entrants business idea before allowing them into 'the process', rather than choosing them by person alone and ending up with business ideas not interested in.

Though maybe it's like other talent shows where its more about the show than the winner.

He can always offer them a job elsewhere if he sees potential in the winner but not their idea.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
              This is a big thing for me - ok so you have lied on your website.

So we have no idea when you are lying or telling the truth therefore I will simply assume you lie all the time so fook off.

But I think I am a bit honest and naive!

It did seem an obvious red flag to me too but modus operandi for many agents so such a reputation is not always fatal in recruitment.

Comment

a major international agency.
                TEK Systems
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                  TEK Systems
                  Never heard of them, though they not me either.

I did spot the brand names of the two finalists when it showed the preview for next week's show, but not that interested in either proposition to want to google them.

I expect dodgy agent jnr has already put affiliation with Sir Alan on his website, whether he goes on to win it or not.

Comment

Never heard of them, though they not me either.

I did spot the brand names of the two finalists when it showed the preview for next week's show, but not that interested in either proposition to want to google them.

I expect dodgy agent jnr has already put affiliation with Sir Alan on his website, whether he goes on to win it or not.
                    Part of the same group as Aston Carter and Allegis.
                    Last edited by LondonManc; 14 December 2017, 09:08.
                    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Working...
                    X