• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dealer Extras when buying a new car...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dealer Extras when buying a new car...

So having ordered a new Jaguar F-Pace, I am being offered the following extras....am I right in thinking none of these are worth getting direct from the dealer? GardX sounds like a glorified wax, anyone any experience with this stuff?

Smart Insurance £399
    This will cover the repair cost of any scratches, scuffs and dents within a 30cm diameter on any vertical panel of the car. Cover is provided for 3 years and has a £3,000 total claim limit
    GardX £499
    This will protect the paintwork against sunlight damage, acid rain and other environmental sources which may be harmful to the paintwork it also protects the interior against any spillages on the upholstery. This protection comes with a lifetime ownership guarantee
    Tyre & Alloy Protection £499
    This will cover the cost of 18 alloy wheel refurbishments, 5 tyre replacements due to damage and £150 towards replacing a cracked alloy. Cover is provided for 3 years.
    GAP Insurance £599
    Return to Invoice GAP Insurance will cover you in the event of a total loss insurance claim and will pay the difference between your motor insurance pay-out and the invoice price (purchase price) of the car plus £500 towards your insurance excess. You must take fully comprehensive insurance alongside this and cover is provided for 3 years

I've got GardX, the car cleans a lot better with a layer of that magic sheet on it.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

It's not a real car unless it comes with an espresso machine

https://www.fiat-accessories.com/fia...tabs-container

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post

Lavazza? FFS.
        The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post

*cancels Jag, Picks up the phone to Fiat*

Comment

My new car already came with all of the extras I needed.

The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MSC7 View Post
              *cancels Jag, Picks up the phone to Fiat*
              I'm just jealous, ever since my old Jag fell apart and the Mrs wanted to buy something "for around town" instead.

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                I've got GardX, the car cleans a lot better with a layer of that magic sheet on it.
                Can you still run the car through an automatic car washer without the risk (or certainty) of wrecking this coating?

Sounds like a PITA if the stuff means the car must be hand-washed
                Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Smart Insurance £399
                  This will cover the repair cost of any scratches, scuffs and dents within a 30cm diameter on any vertical panel of the car. Cover is provided for 3 years and has a £3,000 total claim limit
                  If you unfortunately have to use car parks make sure you know a scratch repair person. People hit the car then see the make of car and run.

GardX £499
                  This will protect the paintwork against sunlight damage, acid rain and other environmental sources which may be harmful to the paintwork it also protects the interior against any spillages on the upholstery. This protection comes with a lifetime ownership guarantee
                  Already answered.

This will cover the cost of 18 alloy wheel refurbishments, 5 tyre replacements due to damage and £150 towards replacing a cracked alloy. Cover is provided for 3 years.
                  Up to you.

GAP Insurance £599
                  Return to Invoice GAP Insurance will cover you in the event of a total loss insurance claim and will pay the difference between your motor insurance pay-out and the invoice price (purchase price) of the car plus £500 towards your insurance excess. You must take fully comprehensive insurance alongside this and cover is provided for 3 years
                  Cheaper elsewhere. Search for quotes.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

So having ordered a new Jaguar F-Pace, I am being offered the following extras....am I right in thinking none of these are worth getting direct from the dealer? GardX sounds like a glorified wax, anyone any experience with this stuff?

Smart Insurance £399
                    GardX £499
                    GAP Insurance £599
                    Smart Insurance is probably OTT - if you can get them to sell it for half price, worth having. If not, Scuffs Away are a mobile tidy up company that have local franchises and are probably better value.

Alloys are again over priced, get a quote for descuffing four wheels from an independent. Have that done just before the car is due to go back for those wheels that you think need it.

GAP Insurance - depends how lucky you feel

Comment

Working...
                    X