• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

More police sexism

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope the dude gets compensated for this, and action taken against people who overlooked the evidence. As society we decided to lower the bar(in terms of evidence required to prove somebody guilty of this kind of crime), it needs to go back to a higher level, commensurate to the level of punishment it attracts.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      I disagree.

oh! - right

Comment

Originally posted by fatboyslim View Post
        I hope the dude gets compensated for this, and action taken against people who overlooked the evidence. As society we decided to lower the bar(in terms of evidence required to prove somebody guilty of this kind of crime), it needs to go back to a higher level, commensurate to the level of punishment it attracts.
        Yeah whatever.

You are aware of the rate of conviction?
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          Yeah whatever.

yes its 6-10%

which is tulip.

Now why do you think complaining that the conviction rate is poor when lying scumbags are trying to bury innocent people is helping your cause?

I am all for prosecuting the guilty, but it appears the CPS couldn't find their elbows with sat nav! Atack the muppets!!!!
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Yeah whatever.

Any suggestions for how to improve it?

BTW I don't really care about the stats. I care far more about the huge number of men getting away with criminal, immoral offences. Which they are.

Do all dates have to be recorded? Are chaperones needed?

Comment

More police sexism

Reading up on this one of the issues is if a women makes a false allegation it’s very hard for her to take it back. She can’t just go into the station and say I was having a hard time, she will get prosecuted.

Also need anonymity for the accused, regardless if the case is dropped there is still huge stigma and I doubt these men recover.

Finally, it seems according to one barrister that the police are trying to make up for years of poor conviction rates by assuming guilt and not investigating properly.

But as it’s an issue that affects men nothing will be done.

Comment

Interesting views here (albeit US). https://qz.com/980766/the-truth-abou...e-accusations/

An good point is that "False accusers almost never tell stories that could, by any stretch of the imagination, be seen as an innocent misunderstanding" - if you were vindictively accusing someone of rape, your story is not going to leave room for interpretation.

In this case, the police were very wrong to withhold evidence that did not support their views. But I very much doubt this sort of thing only applies to rape cases.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                  Interesting views here (albeit US). https://qz.com/980766/the-truth-abou...e-accusations/

An good point is that "False accusers almost never tell stories that could, by any stretch of the imagination, be seen as an innocent misunderstanding" - if you were vindictively accusing someone of rape, your story is not going to leave room for interpretation.

In this case, the police were very wrong to withhold evidence that did not support their views. But I very much doubt this sort of thing only applies to rape cases.
                  It applies to other crimes to but as I said if you are accused of rape and your name is released then that stigma will stick with you for life .

Also, there does seem to be a lowering of the bar with sexual assault to make up for years of poor conviction rates.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post

Also, there does seem to be a lowering of the bar with sexual assault to make up for years of poor conviction rates.
                    Do you have a source for this?

Comment

Yeah whatever.

yes, and your point is?
                      https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...nviction-rates

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                      yes its 6-10%

which is tulip.

Now why do you think complaining that the conviction rate is poor when lying scumbags are trying to bury innocent people is helping your cause?

I am all for prosecuting the guilty, but it appears the CPS couldn't find their elbows with sat nav! Atack the muppets!!!!
                      seems its not that low, and inline with other reported crimes.
                      Last edited by fatboyslim; 24 December 2017, 12:16.

Comment

Working...
                      X