• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

More police sexism

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    But I very much doubt this sort of thing only applies to rape cases.
    Agreed very strongly. Police are evil.

Comment

Originally posted by fatboyslim View Post
      yes, and your point is?
      https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...nviction-rates

seems its not that low, and inline with other reported crimes.
      very useful thanks. 58% is more sensible. Not sure why the attrition rate is so low but I suspect Burglary and car crime have similar levels. So basically the Police are crap.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
        very useful thanks. 58% is more sensible. Not sure why the attrition rate is so low but I suspect Burglary and car crime have similar levels. So basically the Police are crap.
        the attrition rate does seem rather low, but police are not superhumans, they have not got the numbers to solve crimes.
        The number of detective is pretty low it seems, and they are burdened with cases. However it cant be an excuse to prosecute innocents so that your stats look good.
        'Why I quit my dream job as a police detective' - BBC News

It will be interesting stats to know, the number cases handled per detective(current as well as historical).

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
          Do you have a source for this?
          Just the words of the barrister that searched the 40k texts. Sobering read.

Can’t remember her name, and to my shame the article was in the dm.

Comment

Originally posted by fatboyslim View Post
            the attrition rate does seem rather low, but police are not superhumans, they have not got the numbers to solve crimes.
            The number of detective is pretty low it seems, and they are burdened with cases. However it cant be an excuse to prosecute innocents so that your stats look good.
            'Why I quit my dream job as a police detective' - BBC News

It will be interesting stats to know, the number cases handled per detective(current as well as historical).
            My limited experience is that they seem to have no systemic approach to crimes and fail to implement best practice. With a volume like this you have to plan.

I was on jury service and a not dissimilar case was halted because they had again failed to review the electronic communications among other significant but simple procedural failures.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
            X