• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone we know?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seemed a fluff piece to me - no questioning of HMRC figures/estimates. Comparison made between perm on 40k and contractor on 40k a bit crap. The contractor will usually charge more and therefore more revenue in tax.

No real detail on how much a perm benefit adds up to.

Not a huge amount from companies on the benefits that a contractor can bring. Often, smaller companies can't afford to employ someone full time with the skills of a contractor. I know I've worked for companies in Wales where they struggle to get perm people to do the commute.

If I was a perm reading this article I would say bloody contractor make em pay the same as me.

Comment

I only dressed as Batman once.

Times were hard and admin was looking for temp staff.

I lasted less time than MF as mod.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
        Stick the figures in here

https://www.contractoruk.com/calcula...alculator.html

(Zero out everything else)
        @Brillo - why the neg rep for this post? What has offended you?

Comment

A contractor working at a level of a permie tugging 40K salary would probably be charging more like 60K a year as an equivalent, so therefore would be paying more tax. That article really wasn't very well written and once again paints us in a light of tax avoiding bar stewards to Joe Public.

Comment

Working...
          X