Star Wars: The Last Jedi *****CONTAINS SPOILERS***** Star Wars: The Last Jedi *****CONTAINS SPOILERS*****
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 58

TykeLike

SimonMac is a fount of knowledge

Default Star Wars: The Last Jedi *****CONTAINS SPOILERS*****

This thread has spoilers, if you are still reading this and not seen the film you are a muppet!
    “Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”

― Marcus Aurelius

TykeLike

Ok, so have everyone not seen the film gone now?
    “Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”

― Marcus Aurelius

TykeLike

Last chance.......

― Marcus Aurelius

TykeLike

Ok, so here goes, saw it last night in IMAX and visually it's very impressive, good story (not fantastic but enjoyable enough) and few comic moments (Chewie and the Porgs), the bit with Leia "flying" was just tulip on so many levels, I clocked Luke had a different beard and was using the broken lightsaber (missed the lack of foot prints which Im hitting myself over as I just kept thinking to myself what is the point of all the stupid salt/red stuff) but when Luke stated quoting Obi Won I knew his demise was coming soon (I still expect him to be in IX but as a force ghost)

The main complaint is why big up Snoke and then just kill him without an explanation as to who he was, unless that comes in IX which I imagine now will be a Rey/Kylo fight, the only suspense if if she kills him or turns him.

Also not sure why but I am really annoyed by the whole Rose bit
    Last edited by SimonMac; 18th December 2017 at 10:53.

― Marcus Aurelius

Faqqed Off

TheFaQQer is a fount of knowledge

FFS - I thought it was about things like this

Now you've given away the bloody plot. Thanks
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

TykeLike

Also (although this is a rant from TFA) why is Leia a General when all her peers are Admirals

― Marcus Aurelius

Fingers like lightning

FrontEnder is NOT a disguised employee

Quote Originally Posted by SimonMac View Post
    Also (although this is a rant from TFA) why is Leia a General when all her peers are Admirals
    Because a long time ago, in a galaxy far far away, they didn't use the same military hierarchy naming conventions as we do.

Super poster

Hobosapien - scorchio!

So many of the rebel plans failed or came to nothing, are they the Conservatives in disguise?

Rey's mission to get Luke back in the fight - failed.
    Rey's mission to turn Ren - failed.
    Gave away a majority and now they're on the run.
    Mission to disable the tracker - failed
    Mission to get a shield code breaker - failed, but stumbled upon another saviour in the same cell despite there only previously being one person known to have the required skills.
    Mission to escape using cloaked ships - failed. New guy somehow figures the empire should scan for cloaked ships.
    Mission to destroy the big gun - U-turned at last minute.

Luke basically moped around on an island and did nothing but offer a temporary distraction via force projection. No wonder the actor was unhappy with his level of involvement in the two movies. Such a waste of potential.

Overall not that bothered about watching it again and not really got much to look forward to in the next movie. More Rey/Ren showdown.

That's what happens when you put a director in charge of also writing the story.

I wonder if JJ Abram, directing/writing the next movie, will do a 'dallas shower scene' to undo some of the poor decisions.
    Last edited by Hobosapien; 19th December 2017 at 08:27. Reason: missed a few rebel botches
    Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Super poster

quackhandle is NOT a disguised employee

I thoroughly enjoyed it, possibly a tad long, but I liked the ending, it is setup for the next film, which the script writer(s) will always be aware of.

The Porgs are Disney merchandising at it's best but they didn't annoy me at all.

Well acted, I liked Benicio Del Toro's character, setting possibility he'll be in Ep9 (and maybe Capt. Phasma as well?)

8/10

qh
    He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

Fingers like lightning

FrontEnder is NOT a disguised employee

Phasma, across both films has been a waste of time.

I thoroughly enjoyed it, but it seemed to try to cram too much in.