• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

School Christmas Show

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CoolCat View Post
    School Christmas Show
    So I was at the kids school Christmas show today.
    I was amazed at the sheer number of children that the school are not allowed to include in photographs. Appears around 10 to 20% are barred from being in pictures taken by the school or other parents.
    Which is code for “the father is not allowed to find out where the mother is living”
    I simply don’t believe this volume of fathers are potentially violent or that big of a problem to their own kids or their mother to justify this.
    Seems Fathers4Justice are correct.
    This is just politically correct nonsense, keeping these kids away from fathers who no doubt love them, and are paying significant sums in maintenance.
    This country is a disgrace.
    Im sure others will point this out but you're probably wrong in your assumption that “the father is not allowed to find out where the mother is living” is the reason for this.

Yes there will be some that this is the case, there will also be some where the opposite is true, some children will have other safeguarding issues which prevent them from being photographed.

Im willing to bet though that the vast majority its just down to the parents not signing the disclaimer that schools send out at the start of every school year asking for permission to use your kid in pictures.

Comment

A friend of mine about 15 years ago lived in an area where some new parents turned up. They were made very welcome. Until they insisted that NO photos be taken at the school play....

Comment

Originally posted by Snarf View Post

Im willing to bet though that the vast majority its just down to the parents not signing the disclaimer that schools send out at the start of every school year asking for permission to use your kid in pictures.
        A few years since I was at school plays, but photos were forbidden as not all parents had returned a permission slip. Doubt it's anything more sinister than paperwork getting lost/neglected.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
          A few years since I was at school plays, but photos were forbidden as not all parents had returned a permission slip. Doubt it's anything more sinister than paperwork getting lost/neglected.
          Partly depends on how many kids in care the school has. Baby bp's school has several Big clue is when they arrive by taxi.....

Comment

Some of it might well just be the school wanting to stop 300 parents flashing their cameras every couple of seconds during the time when they should be watching their kids...

Comment

Unless it is all a Feminazi conspiracy.

Comment

Originally posted by CoolCat View Post
                This is just politically correct nonsense, keeping these kids away from fathers who no doubt love them, and are paying significant sums in maintenance.
                This country is a disgrace.
                Absolute tulip. There are children that are removed from their biological family because of real dangers of drinking/drug taking/neglecting parents who are then put into foster care or adopted. These are generally placed within the same local authority but away from where the biological family live. So other parents plastering pictures of them all over social media without the carer/adopters knowledge puts them at a greater risk of their location being revealed.

My children go to a school where there are some "looked after children" and photos/video are banned. But at the end, all of these children are removed from the stage and they then allow parents to take photos of their own children. I have absolutely no problem with this, perhaps you should consider other peoples circumstances before whinging that you can't have your own way.

Comment

It has been like that in schools for a while now haha.. the whole point of it is in case you decide to post these photos on social media and the other parents may not want their children included in this. Understandable in a way but I know where you are coming from, it does sound a bit silly.

Comment

Am I the only one who thinks the whole thing is over-rated?

Comment

Originally posted by Antman View Post
                      Am I the only one who thinks the whole thing is over-rated?
                      Kids xmas shows? No - I do

Have had to sit through them since kids were about 2 as they did them in nursery.

The horrible middle class bleating idiots getting upset because Cresida and Tarquin were not given the best parts.

The terrible out of tune singing - and do not even get me started on the kids.

Bah humbug

Comment

Working...
                      X