• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

School Christmas Show

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Antman View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks the whole thing is over-rated?
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    Kids xmas shows? No - I do

Have had to sit through them since kids were about 2 as they did them in nursery.

The horrible middle class bleating idiots getting upset because Cresida and Tarquin were not given the best parts.

The terrible out of tune singing - and do not even get me started on the kids.

Bah humbug
    If sitting through a few minutes of boredom is too much then you both need sterilising. Cojak has a couple of bricks.

Children usually find these shows great fun. And even when they do not they tend to look back on them fondly.

If children do not want to take part they should not be forced.

Personally I took a day off work this year to go. Baby bp was ill and gave an incredibly bad performance. I smiled and told him how wonderful he was afterwards. One of many things I do for my children against my wishes.

For those who know me on facebook, you will see I was subjected to so much abuse from my children that my brother had to step in to defend me!

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      If sitting through a few minutes of boredom is too much then you both need sterilising. Cojak has a couple of bricks.

Children usually find these shows great fun. And even when they do not they tend to look back on them fondly.

Personally I took a day off work this year to go. Baby bp was ill and gave an incredibly bad performance. I smiled and told him how wonderful he was afterwards. One of many things I do for my children against my wishes.

For those who know me on facebook, you will see I was subjected to so much abuse from my children that my brother had to step in to defend me!
      Yes, I can see how you get into trouble on social media!

Comment

Yes, I can see how you get into trouble on social media!
        Eh? My comment was very mild for CUK.....

Comment

I was either a shepherd or a wise man because I had a dressing gown

I hated every fookin' minute of it.

Some kids like it some do not.....

Bit harsh re the bricking - just expressing an opinion.

Comment

just expressing an opinion.
            So was I. Though I have now decided my opinion was bollux......

Comment

So was I. Though I have now decided my opinion was bollux......
              Or if you had you way - my lack of bollux!

You do have a point - i have attended a few and they were okay - but it really is the other parents who wind me up. They seem to fall into 1 of two categories
              1) The middle class *******
              2) the chavvy ones

Obviously me and the missus are unique

However if we were categorised then it would probably be as a 1) (mainly cos of the missus)

Comment

You do have a point - i have attended a few and they were okay - but it really is the other parents who wind me up. They seem to fall into 1 of two categories
                2) the chavvy ones

However if we were categorised then it would probably be as a 1) (mainly cos of the missus)

It's the middle class ones I can't stand, so up themselves. I am one though so others probably look at me and think the same.

Comment

2) the chavvy ones

I totally agree. The only parents of children in school plays I do not despise are the ones in care so the parents do not attend.

Children Crying, screaming, moaning. And thats just the conception....

Comment

It's the middle class ones I can't stand, so up themselves. I am one though so others probably look at me and think the same.
                    Who gives a stuff what anyone else thinks?

Though with having disabled kids, me and the mrs often get a few "looks". I suspect down below they are pitying us though......

Comment

Eh? My comment was very mild for CUK.....
                      Actually, it's a side I hadn't thought of before, what the child experiences. Mainly because mine were sheep, choir or in one year, a dog.

I was coming from the fact that there are better experiences that we are lucky enough to share with in the lives of our children that are unscripted and last in the memory longer than school plays. If they enjoy their roles then great you are sharing in that, mine were just extras.

Comment

Working...
                      X