• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BitCoin article for adults

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
    Getting tired of all these bitcoin threads and I'm interested in what is happening with it. Expect it to become banned in general any time now.

There should be two threads, the one where those with skin in the game are discussing how to proceed and kept free of the trolling (I've been a good boy so far ), and the one where we discuss the negative side to keep them honest.

Let's keep it simple and an unbanned topic in General.
    I suspect that is milanbene's aim.

Comment

Getting tired of all these bitcoin threads and I'm interested in what is happening with it. Expect it to become banned in general any time now.

There should be two threads, the one where those with skin in the game are discussing how to proceed and kept free of the trolling (I've been a good boy so far ), and the one where we discuss the negative side to keep them honest.

Let's keep it simple and an unbanned topic in General.

the problem is those who are long consider any debate on the subject to be anti and then become all childish

maybe the longs need their own sub forum and in general we can discuss the subject as adults

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by FrontEnder View Post

EDIT: oh and **** off you pedantic twunt.
        It's funny how people seem to just warm to this milanbenes chap....
        First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
          the problem is those who are long consider any debate on the subject to be anti and then become all childish

maybe the longs need their own sub forum and in general we can discuss the subject as adults

Milan.
          The problem is people like you come in and feel the need to educate us poor souls with your superior knowledge. Yet you offer absolutely nothing to what we already know and frequently display a complete lack of understanding on the subject.

We just hear the same tired arguments over and over. But the funny thing is that we actually agree on a lot of the main points.

-It's a speculative bubble that will burst at some point
          -It's best to take out any profit before it does
          -Most cryptocurrencies will probably be worth little to nothing in the future

The difference is that I(we) intend to make as much profit from this golden opportunity while you sit on the sidelines looking like this:

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post

Milan.

This should be over quicker than the other b word so no need for a dedicated sub forum.

Why go long on something that is showing typical bubble signs? You can only cash out on the way up, no one will be buying on the way down, that's why bubbles crash. Only a few lucky ones survive the way down without losing most of their investment.
            Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

The difference is that I(we) intend to make as much profit from this golden opportunity while you sit on the sidelines looking like this:
              The difference is you were lucky to get in when the cost was relatively little, or have much bigger balls than those of us that would have gotten in when the cost was relatively little but now are priced out as it's beyond our risk threshold.

Just remember to take your own advice and get out before the rush for the exit.
              Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

This should be over quicker than the other b word so no need for a dedicated sub forum.

Why go long on something that is showing typical bubble signs? You can only cash out on the way up, no one will be buying on the way down, that's why bubbles crash. Only a few lucky ones survive the way down without losing most of their investment.
                The price will crash when the exchanges freeze due to legal injunctions by govts intent on "protecting citizens", "halting terrorist funding", "putting a stop to money laundering", etc. When the exchanges freeze, no buyers, price will vanish. At the same time, no one will be able to sell, so the price will fall so quickly almost no one will be able to crystalise any profits.

I'd say this will happen before the end of next year, after the G7 or G20 meeting next year.

Till then, it's a game of buckaroo...
                First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

The problem is people like you come in and feel the need to educate us poor souls with your superior knowledge. Yet you offer absolutely nothing to what we already know and frequently display a complete lack of understanding on the subject.

We just hear the same tired arguments over and over. But the funny thing is that we actually agree on a lot of the main points.

-It's a speculative bubble that will burst at some point
                  -It's best to take out any profit before it does
                  -Most cryptocurrencies will probably be worth little to nothing in the future

FrontLoader,

the first sentence is wrong, the bullet points agree, the last sentence is wrong.

I am very happy for other people's success and only wish for success and happiness to come to others.

Milan.

Comment

There must be a term for anti-crypto rage and fist shaking. Even the Daily mash are at it:

Smug bitcoin bastards must get their comeuppance before New Year, demands Britain

I mean why do you people care so much about it? If you don't want to get involved then don't get involved with it. All this predicting and wanting it to crash (so you can have a chance at buying in when it's 'cheap') so badly just stinks of very very sour grapes.

Can't we just leave it at - Yes you don't trust it and are not invested in it - that's fine, and Yes we're in and we are very aware of the risks and have decided to take the 'gamble' and if it all goes up in smoke then we knew what we were getting in to.

But no you'll keep raging at it because you think it's too late and you've missed the boat and it angers you that others haven't are making silly returns that really shouldn't be happening. And I'll agree they are silly, I'm up about 120% in just over a month. believe me that's outside my comfort zone for sure!

Thing is in a few months time you'll look back at the price and wish you'd taken the plunge now - even with a little bit of beer money.

If the idea others to failing and losing everything makes you feel better then I'm glad I'm not you. I don't think any of us are in this with money we can't afford to lose - but if it takes off we'll do very well indeed.

Do yourself a favor and at least learn & understand the tech - you might find it's a 'hot skill' you need to learn anyway before long.
                    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

The difference is you were lucky to get in when the cost was relatively little, or have much bigger balls than those of us that would have gotten in when the cost was relatively little but now are priced out as it's beyond our risk threshold.

Just remember to take your own advice and get out before the rush for the exit.
                      Absolutely, I don't have enough in to be bothered if I do lose it all though. Less than 4 days invoicing, meh.

I have a specific and not unreasonable aim in mind - a house deposit. I may consider cashing out completely when I get to the amount I want.

I doubt I'll be out completely, but definitely aim to be in a risk free position (i.e. taking out my original investment) very shortly.

Comment

Working...
                      X