• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BitCoin article for adults

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by glebe digital View Post
    Surely that last coin will take infinity to never actually be mined, and an infinite amount of energy? Sounds like trouble.
    Yep, the curve gets so steep it makes sense to spend the effort on something else. They'll never get anywhere near the end of mining all the possible coins. Just a prediction but it seems likely. Unless someone finds a flaw in the algorithm to make it easier to mine the rest, or a new tech that makes it effortless compared to the current approach.

The mining is a load of bollox anyway. They may as well have just launched the 21 million coins at a fraction of a pence, first come first served, and be in the same position they are now.
    Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Working...
    X