• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Rio Advice

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
    MFs well hard
    So your wife says.....

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
      It's a lovely place on the surface.

But do not go wandering off into the 'hoods' on your own.

You will get robbed and shot.
      A long time ago I wandered the back streets of Rio looking for Ronnie Biggs bar - never found it and didn't really feel threatened

but would never go into the favelas
      How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

OK, no ones going to work there, but my wife is Brazilian and she thinks that Rio has gone downhill in a huge way for about 10 years now.

A lot more dangerous, not a holiday destination but Cabo Frio and places outside of Rio the city are OK

Comment

Originally posted by Antman View Post
          but my wife is Brazilian
          So much choice ... how do you make a selection?
          How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

OK, no ones going to work there, but my wife is Brazilian and she thinks that Rio has gone downhill in a huge way for about 10 years now.

A lot more dangerous, not a holiday destination but Cabo Frio and places outside of Rio the city are OK
            She is more than a Brazilian, you should appreciate the whole person; not just her pussy.
            "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
              She is more than a Brazilian, you should appreciate the whole person; not just her pussy.
              My wives should appreciate more than just my wallet.....

Comment

Despite the olympics?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  Despite the olympics?
                  Possibly made things worse, more money sloshing around more corruption, less money reaching where it should.

Rio's just awful these days. Traffic jams at rush hour make it easier for gangs to go around from car to car robbing people. Tourists walking around Copacabana, Leblon are just picked off by gangs of street kids. They pickpocket you but what are you going to do? chase them? they are 20 of them, you'll end up in a side-street and it's goodbye gringo.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                    Any tips about Rio would be useful, anyone out there at the moment ?
                    Brazil welcomes you with open arms....!

Comment

Working...
                    X