• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Xmas Dinner - What you all having?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
    good for cheese toasties, too
    A cheese toastie is, by definition, a toasted cheese sandwich.

The concoction/abomination you mention is a cheese yorkie (not to be confused with a cheesy yorkie, which is an unhygienic Leeds chap).
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
      He's from Manchester
      Yorkshire puddings belong with roast beef, horseradish sauce and gravy.

Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
      Just be a pasty barm for him then. Or some bury black pudding.

qh
      Now then quackers, your geography seems somewhat out. Pasty barms are further north west, up past Notlob. Tip if you go out in Wigan; wear gravy rather than aftershave and you'll pull without problem. With luck she'll have more teeth than fingers; at least 13.
      Last edited by LondonManc; 21 December 2017, 08:33. Reason: damn autocorrect
      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Turkey crown, honey roast ham.
        Carrots, sprouts, broccoli, cauliflower, honey roasted parsnips, stuffing, pigs in blankets, roast pots, mash, root mash

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
          A cheese toastie is, by definition, a toasted cheese sandwich.

The concoction/abomination you mention is a cheese yorkie (not to be confused with a cheesy yorkie, which is an unhygienic Leeds chap).
          Pedantic Chunt. by who's definition? yours?

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
            Pedantic Chunt. by who's definition? yours?
            No, international consensus you cockwomble.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pie_iron

Comment

No, international consensus you cockwomble.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pie_iron
              and why should i give a ***** about about wikipedia? bampot.

Comment

Yorkshire puddings belong with roast beef, horseradish sauce and gravy.

Now then quackers, your geography seems somewhat out. Pasty barms are further north west, up past Notlob. Tip if you go out in Wigan; wear gravy rather than aftershave and you'll pull without problem. With luck she'll have more teeth than fingers; at least 13.
                Well blame google, Manchester Tart?

I thought that was pies up in Wigan? Have to admit I love eccles cakes, M&S do some scrumptious ones.

qh
                He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Stuffing with black pudding I haven't come across before, but it sounds interesting. We always stuffed the turkey with sausage-meat in my family, it was my favourite bit.

We will be having:
                  • Capon chicken
                  • Ham joint, possibly slow-cooked to save oven space
                  • Pigs in their blankets
                  • Roast & mash
                  • Roast honey-parsnips
                  • Carrots and sprouts (the latter possibly fried in bacon fat to taste nice)
                  • Bread sauce and cranberry
                  • Stuffings
                  • Gravy
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
                    Well blame google, Manchester Tart?

I thought that was pies up in Wigan? Have to admit I love eccles cakes, M&S do some scrumptious ones.

qh
                    I've been called a Manchester tart before now

Pie/pasty barms are one and the same, often dictated by the mood of the consumer and the supplier of the outlet. Poole's of Wigan is one of the best pie purveyors around; Greenhalgh's adequate while Hollands have gone off a cliff after their foreign takeover. It's a Wigan to Bolton thing, but don't tar the delightful yonners of Bury with the same brush as the knuckled-draggers from Notlob.

Comment

Indian vegetarian

Comment

Working...
                      X