• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Efficient customer service

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Efficient customer service

Our flight to Venice last week was cancelled due to Italian ATC going on strike. So we bought train tickets to get us there. Not only did EasyJet refund our flights, they also compensated us the difference between the flight cost and the train tickets - some £200 more.

In fact, since EasyJet refunded us the cost of hold luggage and of course the train doesn't charge, I think we're a little ahead of the deal!
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Our flight to Venice last week was cancelled due to Italian ATC going on strike. So we bought train tickets to get us there. Not only did EasyJet refund our flights, they also compensated us the difference between the flight cost and the train tickets - some £200 more.

In fact, since EasyJet refunded us the cost of hold luggage and of course the train doesn't charge, I think we're a little ahead of the deal!
    Cool story Bro
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
      You obviously weren't travelling with a camel, were you....?

Comment

There must be a story in here somewhere, I just need to reach out for my microscope to find it.
        Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

It’s nice to hear a positive story for once.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
            It’s nice to hear a positive story for once.
            Toady

Comment

If it'd been a story about how awful my EasyJet experience had been, there would have been all kinds of "yeah, right buddy. Those scum. You gotta fight - take the bastards to court." etc.

I wasn't expecting to get anything other than my flight costs refunded. Fact was, not only did I get my additional expenses back, but the process was simple.

Sorry if it goes against your Ebenezer Scrooge paradigm, but suck it up, princessess. Sometimes, corporations get it right.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                Toady
                I don’t think so, just good to hear about good service. I was on twitter recently complaining about the rac, pretty awful service from them. But I didn’t rush to praise Volvo who fixed and delivered the misses car in record time after hearing our woes with the rac.

It’s easy to complain but sometimes companies and the people in them go the extra mile and we should celebrate that. It’s also good for the mind not to be so negative all the time.

Comment

That's absolutely great...few people have that luck.

Comment

I had great customer service at Curry's/PCWorld/Carphone warehouse yesterday - won't bore you with the story but ultimately crap customer service only really exists when companies refuse to allow their staff to provide good customer service - e.g they do not allow them enough time to deal with customers or they put in place restrictive, convoluted and illogical processes designed mainly to frustrate the customer in the hope they will just give up.

(although there are some people who work in the service industry who maybe should consider a career change)

Comment

Working...
                    X