• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Decisions.....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fatboyslim View Post
    Best of luck mate.
    Contracting is about flexibility, for some its ability to earn more money, some to choose the project they want to work on, and some ability to choose when not to work at all.
    Its perfectly reasonable to say no to more money and choose a contract that makes you feel better, and you can always go back to money making contract again, like you said.
    Thank you for this - It really does mean a lot. I am trading an easy local well paid gig for a much more interesting lower paid role involving working away and flights, but I know what my preference is. The agent was a total arsehole trying to tell me I will never get back to the rate I was on which I genuinely believe he really believes as all agents seem to think about is the moolah. I just told him my mortgage is sorted and my warchest is healthy which put an end to that. The agent also did not speak with the client which was pretty poor of him, but I have reccomended a colleague I used to manage, who is looking set to take over the role, so looks like a good outcome for everyone, possibly under substitution clause which would be a tidy outcome. Leaving is harder than joining on a gig with people you care about. A few years into it I think I am getting the hang of the contracting mindset.

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
      Thank you for this - It really does mean a lot. I am trading an easy local well paid gig for a much more interesting lower paid role involving working away and flights, but I know what my preference is. The agent was a total arsehole trying to tell me I will never get back to the rate I was on which I genuinely believe he really believes as all agents seem to think about is the moolah. I just told him my mortgage is sorted and my warchest is healthy which put an end to that. The agent also did not speak with the client which was pretty poor of him, but I have reccomended a colleague I used to manage, who is looking set to take over the role, so looks like a good outcome for everyone, possibly under substitution clause which would be a tidy outcome. Leaving is harder than joining on a gig with people you care about. A few years into it I think I am getting the hang of the contracting mindset.
      Go get them Tiger
      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Working...
      X