• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Decisions.....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Decisions.....

About to start an interesting contract next month for a year. I am really looking forward to it. The money is quite a bit less than current gig, but as war chest is good I am strangely not bothered as I am more interested in the work despite needing to fly weekly.

Gig I am leaving are not happy and are now talking about throwing me more money and matching the length - I am needing to stay strong as my decision is made and I am not changing, but, there are 30 good sized reasons to stay after all.

Contracting is a strange old life.....

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
    About to start an interesting contract next month for a year. I am really looking forward to it. The money is quite a bit less than current gig, but as war chest is good I am strangely not bothered as I am more interested in the work despite needing to fly weekly.

Gig I am leaving are not happy and are now talking about throwing me more money and matching the length - I am needing to stay strong as my decision is made and I am not changing, but, there are 30 good sized reasons to stay after all.

Contracting is a strange old life.....
    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Is this contract within the UK or have you factored in the fact you will need pay tax in the country you are working in and won't be able to expense the travel to and from there?
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
        Is this contract within the UK or have you factored in the fact you will need pay tax in the country you are working in and won't be able to expense the travel to and from there?
        Factored in. Like I said, not money driven but an interesting task. I will probably be back to earning money mode at the end of next year though!

Comment

Sounds interesting. I always thought the main allure of contracting was to chase the paper and retire / find something fun to do in early retirement ASAP.

Good luck though!

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
            Stick with your decision. You've already handed in your notice....

Comment

And the point of this thread is..........?
              Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
                And the point of this thread is..........?
                Wilmslow is seeking validation....

Comment

Originally posted by greenlake View Post
                  Wilmslow is seeking validation....

If he seeks validation on every thought that comes to his mind, we might need a separate sub forum for him and his ilk where he can start discussions around how many dumps he had that day
                  Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
                    If he seeks validation on every thought that comes to his mind, we might need a separate sub forum for him and his ilk where he can start discussions around how many dumps he had that day
                    I’ve had a few today and not all that firm. I’m up for a forum to specifically discuss dumps.

Comment

Working...
                    X