• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Recommendations wanted for SUV I plan buying in new year

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buy a Tesla
    Politicians are wonderfull people, as long as they stay away from things they don't understand, like working for a living!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by finlay1888 View Post
        This is totally ignorant. Base model maybe a bit lacking for performance but there are decent engines in the range.

Just picked up a T8 and I can assure you it has plenty of lift. With two kids in the back, couldn’t really care but the hybrid is engine is great.
        if I've got enough money for that class of car
        why the feck would I want a hairdryer for an engine
        when the other manufacturers are offering base models
        with v6's

Happy Christmas and all the best for 2018

Milan

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
          I'd prefer a Passat!

Happy Christmas and all the best for 2018

Milan
          FTFY
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I'll 2nd the Porsche Cayenne. We've had ours for a couple of years now, never any issues that I can recall. Flies round the corners like it's on a track, which is mind boggling given its size. We're using winter tyres now and still loads of confidence on the road despite not being able to see it most of the time at the minute!

Front Park assist started playing up the other day when away skiing but that was because of an icicle hanging off it.

driving back down the mountain

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
              I'll 2nd the Porsche Cayenne.
              Overpriced VW ToeRag with less capability off road and less space inside, terrible pre-sales, chronic post sales.

As yet the OP hasn’t come back to tell us his actual requirements, so please stop recommending one of the worst car experiences on the road.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                Overpriced VW ToeRag with less capability off road and less space inside, terrible pre-sales, chronic post sales.

As yet the OP hasn’t come back to tell us his actual requirements, so please stop recommending one of the worst car experiences on the road.
                Obviously you fail to understand its a pioneers car.

The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                  Have you driven it off road? I have and it's terrific. I've also driven an old snatch land rover, range rover, off road too.

The down hill decent control works a charm, there's no diff lock but the off road mode makes having an accident in bad road conditions almost impossible.

The first time I sat inside a 'ToeRag' before buying the Cayenne was also the last time. No thought to the interior. If you're going to be spending lots of time sat inside lets go for luxus maxus. The Range does well on the interior but the motor is unreliable.

Terrible pre-sales? You mean selling it on? That's why I bought 2nd hand, perhaps a year or two from new. Never never buy a new car from the garage. That goes for any manufacturer.
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

I gotta join scoots here the cayenne is awesome, and I know that as a Q7 owner, and as for the toerag, it's a financial compromise

I am thinking about replacing the Q7 with a cayenne s, can't decide whether to have diesel or petrol

Scoots which one have you got

Milan

Comment

What is the budget.

What are the key needs - other than petrol SUV.

There is no better interior than the new RR. There is no better 4x4 than Landcruiser. When it comes to PPP (Pose Per Pound) it is subjective from the Bentayga to competitors.

Personally a fan of the Levante and Cayenne but best Value For Money item is the Audi Q7.

Comment

Working...
                      X