• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Lewis? - How could you?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lewis? - How could you?

Lewis Hamilton apologises for 'boys don't wear dresses' remark - BBC News

Absolutely scandalous....................what was he thinking?

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

I'd give my opinion online but I don't want to be ostracised by a load of people I don't know and will never meet.

I guess unlike Hamilton, and many many others who put things online, I'm not an attention seeking media whore with a narcisistic personality disorder.

Woe is me.
    Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
      I'd give my opinion online but I don't want to be ostracised by a load of people I don't know and will never meet.

I guess unlike Hamilton, and many many others who put things online, I'm not an attention seeking media whore with a narcisistic personality disorder.

Woe is me.
      Sorry, does that mean you wear dresses or not?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
          Sorry, does that mean you wear dresses or not?

Uncle Lewis, look what you've started.
          Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
            No, young and innocent enough not to be constrained by the stereotypes of gender.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
              No, young and innocent enough not to be constrained by the stereotypes of gender.
              Yes but there is a problem - i am pretty sure when i was young I did play with dolls but I never wanted to be or thought I should be anything other than male.

Now when a 'male' child plays with a doll the 'rents are often falling over themselves to get the child gender re-assignment - because it's trendy isn't it.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/glob...ticle16897043/

and that is quite an old one.

It is important to remember that really until puberty hits 'gender' does not really play a major factor and then during your adolescent years things can be very confusing as you make the transition into 'adulthood' - and i do not really think you can say - I feel I am the wrong gender until you have lived in that gender as and adult for a 'length of time'

What about the children who said they were transgender – and then changed their minds? | The Independent

I recall years ago doing a 'sausage sizzle' at scouts - one of the kids had 'vegetarian' sausages (it was a while back because it was a new thing) me and a few of the scouts laughed because it was clearly not the kids choice but the parents - one of the right on parents told us we wrong and the 8 year old child had made a 'conscious and mature' choice - the 8 year old told us it was because his mum and dad do not let him eat meat.

It is one thing being given a choice - it is completely another being coerced and encouraged to try different things for reasons you do not understand and for reasons which are rarely in your best interests.

Comment

Meanwhile, Imraan Sathar of discrimination support charity Stay Brave UK, called for the driver to be stripped of his MBE.
                Well quite right. This is a total outrage, possibly the most outrageous thing that's happened this year. I'm outraged. And offended.

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
                  Well quite right. This is a total outrage, possibly the most outrageous thing that's happened this year. I'm outraged. And offended.
                  Well it never did scooterscot any real harm I suppose..........................

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Working...
                  X