• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

It's hard enough trying to buy something from one of those tills.....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

let alone nick something

Shoppers steal £3.2bn from self-service tills every year | Daily Mail Online

I hope the amount stolen is less than the amount saved in staff costs.

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

Comment

less than £200 its not like the Police are going to attend.

Its hardly surprising.

That may explain why the supermarkets seem to have 1 person attending to the self service tills now.

It used to be 0.25 of a person they seemed to be gathering the trolleys & cleaning the loos at the same time.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
        less than £200 its not like the Police are going to attend.

Its hardly surprising.

That may explain why the supermarkets seem to have 1 person attending to the self service tills now.

It used to be 0.25 of a person they seemed to be gathering the trolleys & cleaning the loos at the same time.
        you may be right, i'll ask the housekeeper

Comment

Expect to see one assistant for each self service till.

An example where technology threatens to make humans redundant and human nature fights back.

I never progressed beyond stealing penny chews at the corner shop as a kid. Like many, that guilt stopped me becoming the thieving scumbag that pervades society. [angel emoticon goes here ]
          Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

You mean the "one for me, one for" aisle?

Comment

I live in Switzerland, in Switzerland you do not have the problem of 'in the bagging area', they just assume you will scan it and put it in whatever bag you want.

Also on Switzerland, you can delete stuff you have accidentally scanned, again saving on faffing around with staff.

The main reason they can do this is because they have faith that their customers aren't going to nick stuff at any opportunity.

Taking a portable scanner and self scanning the weekly shop as you go round is also big in Switzerland, again a none starter in Britain due to "shrinkage"

Comment

Originally posted by reddog View Post

Taking a portable scanner and self scanning the weekly shop as you go round is also big in Switzerland, again a none starter in Britain due to "shrinkage"
                We have these. But only in nice areas.

Surely France would have a bigger problem? Anything not firmly attached seems fair game over there.
                See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                  you may be right, i'll ask the housekeeper
                  you pay her so poorly that she has to moonlight at Tesco?

INKSPE

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
                    Expect to see one assistant for each self service till.

An example where technology threatens to make humans redundant and human nature fights back.

I never progressed beyond stealing penny chews at the corner shop as a kid. Like many, that guilt stopped me becoming the thieving scumbag that pervades society. [angel emoticon goes here ]
                    no but one assistant per 8 tills would be handy!

Comment

Working...
                    X