• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

It's that time of year - I need ideas for my PLAN B.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    How about a VR app on filling cars with the correct type of fuel.
    Right I know you are making a joke but when I first started driving around the continent I used to panic about filling up.

I would have defo paid a pound for a vr app that had all the different types and their translations.

Something like a topless Helga showing the vr viewer how to fill her up, the car I mean.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
      more nuclear power stations etc.

but yes using TV's could be a use case.
      Unfortunately I have limited knowledge with nuclear power stations.

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
        So go on and patent it !!! AFAIK, you don't have to construct it and make it work in order to file the patent.
        I think with something like that you need a working prototype.

Otherwise you could just patent a 3D human organ printer or some similar "aspirational" device that might take decades to realise (and having been patented in abstract would deprive anyone of the financial incentive to actually develop one that worked).
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
          Unfortunately I have limited knowledge with nuclear power stations.
          Sadly so does the whole of the UK.

Comment

Right I know you are making a joke but when I first started driving around the continent I used to panic about filling up.

I would have defo paid a pound for a vr app that had all the different types and their translations.

Something like a topless Helga showing the vr viewer how to fill her up, the car I mean.
            I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to develop a tiny Bluetooth Low-Energy gadget with a micro-spectrometer you could stick to the inside of a car's fuel inlet, to trigger a warning alarm in the car if it detected the wrong kind of fuel starting to be poured.

Come to think of it, garages have number plate recognition systems. So why can't the garage do a check to see what type of fuel the car takes and warn you if you unhook the wrong nozzle!

(It would have to be advisory, asking you to press a button on the keypad to confirm, because for example you might be driving a petrol car but wanting to fill a can of diesel for some other vehicle.)
            Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

It's that time of year - I need ideas for my PLAN B.
              How about jumping on the bandwagon, and introducing your own cryptocurrency? I'm sure scooter will invest....

Comment

Originally posted by greenlake View Post
                How about jumping on the bandwagon, and introducing your own cryptocurrency? I'm sure scooter will invest....

or a library app ??

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                  If I had the time (and money, TBH) I'd be trying to develop a small robot using AI to identify pests such as caterpillars and beetles on plants in a greenhouse and then destroy them or suck them into a hopper.

Sounds pretty low key and niche, but when used commercially it could literally revolutionise agriculture by avoiding the need for pesticides and would make the patent owner millions.
                  Something that would let Charles spend more time in the house?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    Sadly so does the whole of the UK.
                    not me, - i worked in one a very long time ago.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                      not me, - i worked in one a very long time ago.
                      Is that why i glow at night?

Comment

Working...
                      X