• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dell outlet

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dell outlet

My Macbook screen is dying so need a new laptop and didn't want to fork out a fortune for another Mac.

Has anyone bought anything from the Dell Outlet site, some pretty decent spec machines at a decent price with a 3 yr warranty.

Thanks

VC

got a laptop from there once, id expect it to last no more than 3 years

Comment

Dell? Crap, keep away from Lenovo as well. Take a look at the Asus range, they do good stuff (imho).

Comment

Originally posted by washed up contractor View Post
        Dell? Crap, keep away from Lenovo as well. Take a look at the Asus range, they do good stuff (imho).
        I've got a Lenovo and a Dell at the moment and they are both brilliant.

Lenovo is a bit lacking on ports but other than that is fine.

It depends how much you are looking at spending but I'd suggest a Dell XPS 13... But your looking at apple money for that!

Comment

My Lenovo TP T420s (bought direct from offal site) lasted 4 years before battery started to not charge properly (ie 40 mins before it needed charging again.)

Bought TP T450s 18 months ago and can't complain. Have purchased the 9 cell battery and get around 7/8 hours if I'm not hammering the CPU. Reviews for the T460s were poor having sacrificed battery life for the slimline , ultrabook look.

The T470s is out now but not checked any reviews so far. I like the ThinkPad build as it's a bit rugged, I'm such a clumsy fecker I drop everything.

qh
          Last edited by quackhandle; 28 December 2017, 16:49.
          He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Dell outlet does have decent deals if you are careful over what you buy.

The business latitude machines should last 3 years mine always have and the 2 I bought the twins last year are still in perfect nick
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

I went ASUS until about 6 years ago. Since then, I've been HP and very happy with them. YMMV.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by tiggat View Post
                got a laptop from there once, id expect it to last no more than 3 years
                And that’s my problem. My MBP is 7 years old.

But I’ve just upgraded to High Sierra and it’s like I’ve just given it a large snort of coke and a fire up its jacksie.

So I’ll be putting off a new purchase for a little while longer.
                "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

If you're happy with dell then the outlet site can have bargains. My current laptop is from there.

Comment

Originally posted by Snarf View Post
                    I've got a Lenovo and a Dell at the moment and they are both brilliant.

Lenovo is a bit lacking on ports but other than that is fine.

It depends how much you are looking at spending but I'd suggest a Dell XPS 13... But your looking at apple money for that!

I'll second that. Dell XPS is a beautiful machine and well built. I've had mine for nearly 18 months and never had an issue.

Comment

Working...
                    X