• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Any mechanics around?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any mechanics around?

Just stuck at the side of the road now. Car made a funny noise when it juddered then stopped.

I had just been to Asda and filled up the car. Looking at the receipt it says unleaded though its a diesel car.

However fuel is fuel right?

Anyway, I am not sure what to do next. Any ideas?

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Just stuck at the side of the road now. Car made a funny noise when it juddered then stopped.

I had just been to Asda and filled up the car. Looking at the receipt it says unleaded though its a diesel car.

Get some washing up liquid and a crowbar.
    with a little help you MIGHT manage to get your head out of your arse

Comment

Add a copious quantity of ionised water to your fuel tank to dilute whatever containment is in there

HTH
      How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Nope, fuel isnt fuel.

Petrol needs a spark to ignite and burn. Diesel uses compression to ignite an burn.

The bad news is, diesel in a petrol engine isnt the disaster as petrol in a diesel engine is. The lack of lubrication in the petrol causes the high pressure diesel pump to shave metal off itself which then get into the cylinders and destroy the engine.

You've probably ****ed your engine. Hope it isnt a new car.

Comment

Originally posted by washed up contractor View Post
          Nope, fuel isnt fuel.

Petrol needs a spark to ignite and burn. Diesel uses compression to ignite an burn.

The bad news is, diesel in a petrol engine isnt the disaster as petrol in a diesel engine is. The lack of lubrication in the petrol causes the high pressure diesel pump to shave metal off itself which then get into the cylinders and destroy the engine.

You've probably ****ed your engine. Hope it isnt a new car.
          a bite! - a definite bite! - there's always one

Comment

Have you asked a cyclist?

I find cyclists are always pleased to help when your car has broken down at the side of their road.
            If you're lucky they might cure your cataracts with their flashing laser lights.

If that doesn't work, an inner tube can make an effective syphon, provided it is petrol you've put in there, syphon it out and let the cyclists use it to clean their bikes, they will appreciate your help. Petrol is good for cleaning things.

While they are cleaning up, just stand back and light up a Hamlet... Happiness.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

If only you bought my new VR app that I'm developing to show users how to fill a car up.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
                If only you bought my new VR app that I'm developing to show users how to fill a car up.
                His story was almost believable except:
                1. Chauffeurs should be filling up the car before you go on a journey, so you don't have to sit at a service station.
                2. Asda? Seriously?
                3. Receipts are for accountants. You shouldn't look at them. When the accountant pays for the fuel, they would deal with it.
                4. He didn't mention "on the way to a divorce hearing"
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

apply to the Police Force?
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                    a bite! - a definite bite! - there's always one
                    Yes but Ive plenty of time on my hands now unlike those still engaged in the daily slog!

Although I doubt brillo has, it never ceases to amaze me the number of people who misfuel their car. Potential Darwin winners if you ask me.

Comment

Working...
                    X