• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Training/Learning resources

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by doconline View Post
    I've used Udemy for 1 off courses for things to do on the train. They usually have a sale on where courses are around £10 - £15, so if it's crap you haven't lost anything. Pluralsight is another one I use on an annual subscription. You can download a few courses at a time to a tablet for offline viewing if needed, and you can view as many as you want whilst your subscription is live.

These have all been front end development based courses really but they have a good range on the respective sites.
    Everything £10.99 on udemy at the moment. See they do 30 day money back as well.

How much is pluralsight subscription? Can't see on website.
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
      Everything £10.99 on udemy at the moment. See they do 30 day money back as well.

https://www.pluralsight.com/pricing

You can get a 30 day free trial at the moment, with full access. Might be a case of remembering to cancel before your credit card is charged, I'm not sure.

Comment

Some good freebies inc 3 months pluralsight for free

https://www.labnol.org/internet/plur...raining/29063/
        Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

I typed the above in to google and lo and behold... a miracle happened... a miracle I tell you...

After my first suggestion try this one next...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Google-Dumm...google+dummies
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

New years resolution....

Learn new skills etc.
            Current client is very laid back and it is pretty quiet so best to use my time for something productive.

Any suggestions? Got a safari books online subscription which is great but its tough to read manuals for too long....
            Technical forum has a sticky with a load of links in there for various resources.

Comment

Working...
            X