• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Training/Learning resources

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Training/Learning resources

New years resolution....

Learn new skills etc.
    Current client is very laid back and it is pretty quiet so best to use my time for something productive.

Any suggestions? Got a safari books online subscription which is great but its tough to read manuals for too long....
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Don't bother. If you've got time on your hands, then enter the world of the Day Trader.

Buy some cheap penny stocks in the morning; the fact that you have bought them will push the price waaaaaaaay up; then sell at the higher price in the afternoon.
    Foolproof.

Disclaimer: Taking this advice could lead to a life of supermarket trolleys, railway arches, and cider. But you'll be OK with a stop-loss.
    Last edited by HugeWhale; 2 January 2018, 14:38.

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post

Any suggestions? Got a safari books online subscription which is great but its tough to read manuals for too long....
      What are you interested in?
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        What are you interested in?
        Hmmm. Maybe some Devops. Python etc.

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
          Hmmm. Maybe some Devops. Python etc.
          If you work out what you are interested in then you are likely to stick at it. It doesn't have to be IT related as soft skills are important.

It then may or may not help you get a new role.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

If you've got time in between logging calls you could do with reading this.... a few times....

https://www.amazon.co.uk/How-Not-Be-...t+to+be+a+dick
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I've used Udemy for 1 off courses for things to do on the train. They usually have a sale on where courses are around £10 - £15, so if it's crap you haven't lost anything. Pluralsight is another one I use on an annual subscription. You can download a few courses at a time to a tablet for offline viewing if needed, and you can view as many as you want whilst your subscription is live.

These have all been front end development based courses really but they have a good range on the respective sites.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                If you've got time in between logging calls you could do with reading this.... a few times....

https://www.amazon.co.uk/How-Not-Be-...t+to+be+a+dick
                Happy new year NLUK!

Comment

Maybe we should have a sticky thread about online course providers and the like... Oh.. hang on....
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Comment

Working...
                    X