Best/Worst Jobs as a Teenager Best/Worst Jobs as a Teenager
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 39

Fingers like lightning

mattfx is NOT a disguised employee

Default Best/Worst Jobs as a Teenager

A post from MMM in another thread got my noggin' joggin' - What good / bad / terrible jobs did you all have as teenagers? I had a couple:

First job was at 14 in a dog kennel - I lasted one summer and then couldn't take the stench any longer.
    After that I was a laborer for a while working on various building sites. Great fun and when you found a good bunch of blokes to work with it was hilarious. Bad sites were awful though.
    At the same time as the laboring in the summer, I worked as a Leisure Centre assistant evenings and weekends during term time at college - that was pretty good by all accounts.

There must be people out there with far better ones and some funny stories to have come out of them though!

Double Godlike!

stek - scorchio!

I was an elephant circumciser for a while. Terrible money but the tips where huge. Unfortunately I got fired for getting the sack.

More time posting than coding

doconline is a permanent contractor

Quote Originally Posted by mattfx View Post
    A post from MMM in another thread got my noggin' joggin' - What good / bad / terrible jobs did you all have as teenagers? I had a couple:

First job was at 14 in a dog kennel - I lasted one summer and then couldn't take the stench any longer.
    After that I was a laborer for a while working on various building sites. Great fun and when you found a good bunch of blokes to work with it was hilarious. Bad sites were awful though.
    At the same time as the laboring in the summer, I worked as a Leisure Centre assistant evenings and weekends during term time at college - that was pretty good by all accounts.

There must be people out there with far better ones and some funny stories to have come out of them though!
    First one is similar to yours I guess. I worked in a pigeon farm at weekends whilst at school. For the princely sum of £1 per hour in very early 90's. It was up north and they were racing pigeons, that would sell for 000's, the farm owner was rich, probably from the slave wages he paid us kids at the time.

During 6th form worked in a chicken factory over summer, 12 hour days (6-6) on a 3 days on 7 day off 3 days one 1 day off rota. I loved those 7 days off

My post count is Majestic

northernladuk is always on top

Quote Originally Posted by stek View Post
    I was an elephant circumciser for a while. Terrible money but the tips where huge. Unfortunately I got fired for getting the sack.

Might as well close the thread right there.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

northernladuk is always on top

Quote Originally Posted by mattfx View Post

Well they can't be any more tedious or as boring as that one can they now...
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Fingers like lightning

mattfx is NOT a disguised employee

Quote Originally Posted by northernladuk View Post
    Well they can't be any more tedious or as boring as that one can they now...
    So let's hear your humorous anecdotal teen job stories then NLUK - you must have some good'uns from down't pit.

MarillionFan is a fount of knowledge

I was a window cleaner, they made a film about my confessions.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Respect my authoritah!

NotAllThere is always on top

Spent a happy afternoon when I was ~18, breaking up reinforced glass and piling it onto a truck for disposal. Worst job was trolley collector for Presto's in Aldershot.
    Hmm. I'm beginning to suspect that you need to find all the packing the computer came in...

Fingers like lightning

VillageContractor is a permanent contractor

First job was at uni doing telesales of accidental death insurance Best/Worst Jobs as a Teenager

More fingers than teeth

greenlake has reached the peak. Play again?

Quote Originally Posted by MarillionFan View Post
    I was a window cleaner, they made a film about my confessions.