Trump's on form Trump's on form - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Posts 21 to 30 of 39

Thread: Trump's on form

  1. #21

    Super poster

    pjclarke 's job has never been outsourced


    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,832

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Incredible read! Highly recommended.

    Donald Trump Didn’t Want to Be President
    The plan to lose, and the administration’s shocked first days.
    The candidate and his top lieutenants believed they could get all the benefits of almost becoming president without having to change their behavior or their worldview one whit.

    Wolff said that, like any journalist, he has recordings and notes and is “in every way comfortable” with everything he reported in the book.

    “My credibility is being questioned by a man who has less credibility than perhaps anyone who has ever walked on earth at this point,” he said.
    Live by the hyperbole, die by the hyperbole. The book probably does contain quite a lot of made-up stuff. Ironic, really.
    My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

  2. #22

    More fingers than teeth

    minestrone is NOT a disguised employee

    minestrone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    16,101

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chopper View Post
    Exactly what stuff is he getting done? (Other than rounds of golf)
    Almost halving corporation tax in the largest economy in the world where political change is at best difficult is a monumental achievement.

  3. #23

    Super poster

    Lance - scorchio!

    Lance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    home
    Posts
    4,018

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by minestrone View Post
    Almost halving corporation tax in the largest economy in the world where political change is at best difficult is a monumental achievement.
    That was gonna happen anyway.
    Need to repratriate the Apple/google/Microsoft cash sometime. Corp tax was the barrier.

    Trumps other tax changes are more radical and less progressive.
    See You Next Tuesday

  4. #24

    More fingers than teeth

    minestrone is NOT a disguised employee

    minestrone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    16,101

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lance View Post
    That was gonna happen anyway.
    Need to repratriate the Apple/google/Microsoft cash sometime. Corp tax was the barrier.

    Trumps other tax changes are more radical and less progressive.
    Not a chance was that going to happen without him.

    Present me with another candidate that proposed it and prove me wrong.

  5. #25

    Super poster

    Lance - scorchio!

    Lance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    home
    Posts
    4,018

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by minestrone View Post
    Not a chance was that going to happen without him.

    Present me with another candidate that proposed it and prove me wrong.
    I never said it was proposed. CT of 40% was causing problems. I’m speculating that Clinton would have done the same, but it’s a good speculation IMO.
    See You Next Tuesday

  6. #26

    More fingers than teeth

    minestrone is NOT a disguised employee

    minestrone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    16,101

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lance View Post
    I never said it was proposed. CT of 40% was causing problems. I’m speculating that Clinton would have done the same, but it’s a good speculation IMO.
    I think you have nailed the reason why Trump won.

    He says he is going to do something and does it rather than saying something and doing something else.

  7. #27

    Super poster

    Lance - scorchio!

    Lance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    home
    Posts
    4,018

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by minestrone View Post
    I think you have nailed the reason why Trump won.

    He says he is going to do something and does it rather than saying something and doing something else.
    That’s ridiculous.

    How can he have won for doing things he had not yet done?
    If we wins a second term than your argument may hold some weight. But not the first term.
    See You Next Tuesday

  8. #28

    Godlike

    BR14 is always on top

    BR14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Under your kitchen sink
    Posts
    7,808

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by minestrone View Post
    I think you have nailed the reason why Trump won.

    He says he is going to do something and does it rather than saying something and doing something else.
    nah, he won because he IS a stable genius.
    <being a billionaire just allowed him a platform>

    Entropy is NOT what it used to be.
    Inertia, however........................

  9. #29

    Double Godlike!

    stek - scorchio!

    stek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    East of Eden
    Posts
    11,501

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by minestrone View Post
    I think you have nailed the reason why Trump won.

    He says he is going to do something and does it rather than saying something and doing something else.
    1. Where's he proof he said he had that Obama was born in Africa and he was going to release in two weeks?

    2. Where's his tax returns he was going to release?

    3. Where's the proof he was going to release that proved he did make the dead soldiers widow cry on the phone?

    4. Where's the results of his IQ test he was going to release in two weeks time bt never did?

    What HAS he done?

    Nothing, apart from providing sane people with a good laugh, the man is a moron, a bigot, a philander and terrible businessman and clueless about economics.

    Total bellend...

  10. #30

    Godlike

    BR14 is always on top

    BR14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Under your kitchen sink
    Posts
    7,808

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stek View Post
    1. Where's he proof he said he had that Obama was born in Africa and he was going to release in two weeks?

    2. Where's his tax returns he was going to release?

    3. Where's the proof he was going to release that proved he did make the dead soldiers widow cry on the phone?

    4. Where's the results of his IQ test he was going to release in two weeks time bt never did?

    What HAS he done?

    Nothing, apart from providing sane people with a good laugh, the man is a moron, a bigot, a philander and terrible businessman and clueless about economics.

    Total bellend
    ...
    philanderer

    bellend is a bit mild for me,
    i can think of better descriptions, but i' d get banned again
    Entropy is NOT what it used to be.
    Inertia, however........................

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •