AGW - nothing to worry about AGW - nothing to worry about - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 11 to 13 of 13

More fingers than teeth

OwlHoot - scorchio!

Quote Originally Posted by scooterscot View Post
    Seems to suggest gravity will become stronger at those areas on the planet's surface. This could encourage increased movement of the continental plates resulting in ever stronger earthquakes.

Who'd have thunk it, runaway global climate change resulting in earthquakes.
    Or maybe that could cause runaway gravitational anomalies, and the Earth would end up with hundred mile deep dimples like a golf ball?

Jeez, I thought nobody could be more ignorant about all this than Blasterbates, but you've shown that is wrong
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Respect my authoritah!

NotAllThere is always on top

Quote Originally Posted by WTFH View Post
    If gravity becomes stronger then will it pull the moon into a less stable orbit?
    In which case the tides get affected as well.
    If the moon is an unstable orbit, it could end up colliding with the earth. On the plus side, it would make global warming a fairly moot point.
    Hmm. I'm beginning to suspect that you need to find all the packing the computer came in...

Prof Cunning @ Oxford Uni

WTFH is always on top

Quote Originally Posted by NotAllThere View Post
    If the moon is an unstable orbit, it could end up colliding with the earth. On the plus side, it would make global warming a fairly moot point.
    Well, if it hits us at the correct angle, global warming could be very real for a few hours/days as we move closer to the sun.
    Strong and Stable Moderation