• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Outrage about more equality for women

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    That is just you.

There are sometimes females that make me feel uncomfortable.

I suppose as a male I am expected to suck it up.
    Not only should you suck it up you should also report to the police get yourself on the sex offenders register and offer to be chemically castrated to ensure you are never a threat to any woman ever.

And also you need to keep doing the hard work the women do not want to.....

like catching spiders.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
      Not only should you suck it up you should also report to the police get yourself on the sex offenders register and offer to be chemically castrated to ensure you are never a threat to any woman ever.

And also you need to keep doing the hard work the women do not want to.....

like catching spiders.

They are terribly under represented in the firefighting, rubbish collection, construction industries - this is an outrage!

I also find it a travesty how few men are getting opportunities in the department store perfume spraying industry - and the general make up/perfume section altogether - outrage!!
      "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
        They are terribly under represented in the firefighting, rubbish collection, construction industries - this is an outrage!

I also find it a travesty how few men are getting opportunities in the department store perfume spraying industry - and the general make up/perfume section altogether - outrage!!
        I've never ever seen a female rubbish collector. Niece and her girlfriend have joined the fire service - seem to be lots more women being recruited.

Oh and they don't do firemans lift anymore, they just drag em apparently.

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post

I have seen two female refuse collectors.

Both firefighting and construction are trying to recruit more women.

It isn't rare as a woman to get a man - normally one who is camp - doing make up in department stores. They tend to be as good as European women at choosing foundation colours, which is much than British women.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

It isn't rare as a woman to get a man - normally one who is camp - doing make up in department stores. They tend to be as good as European women at choosing foundation colours, which is much than British women.
            I'm extremely offended by that under representation in what is clearly a very male dominated space. Why isn't there an angry article about it in the media somewhere?
            "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

Ohhh emmmm geeeeee

So now only gay men can work in the make up department.

What about Emily? #justice for Emily

Comment

I have seen female refuse collectors. Both in North Wales and London.

I deliberately got DD to handle spiders, worms and stuff when she was small. It worked very well. I think often parents expect boys to get dirty and girls not to. Probably not for the best.

I appreciate male and female brains are wired differently. However it does not mean they should not have equal opportunities.

Mrs-BP's real venom is women who moan their husbands do not work. Then don't get their sons to help out. Thus ensuing another generation of lazy males gets propagated.....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  I have seen female refuse collectors. Both in North Wales and London.

I deliberately got DD to handle spiders, worms and stuff when she was small. It worked very well. I think often parents expect boys to get dirty and girls not to. Probably not for the best.

I appreciate male and female brains are wired differently. However it does not mean they should not have equal opportunities.

Mrs-BP's real venom is women who moan their husbands do not work. Then don't get their sons to help out. Thus ensuing another generation of lazy males gets propagated.....
                  What generation of lazy males is this?

Comment

Main problem for women is women themselves. In general, do the same job, you get the same pay. The problem is women aren't represented in higher paid jobs at the top.

But then they take up to several years out to have kids, often want to go back part time, won't travel because of the Children, and want to leave bang on time in order to collect them from childcare.

when its suggested that the husband do an equal share of this, many will turn around and say I don't want that because I want to be the main carer/ensure the little cherub is dealt with exactly how I want to.

Sorry, you can't do both. Make a choice and then don't bleat about that inevitable consequence which is by the time your kid reaches high school and you feel comfortable not being the helicopter over them, you aren't going to be able to return to the workforce and make CEO of FTSE company.

But dare say the above, even as a woman (which I was last I checked) and you are part of the problem, apparently.

Comment

Originally posted by mookiemoo View Post
                      Main problem for women is women themselves. In general, do the same job, you get the same pay. The problem is women aren't represented in higher paid jobs at the top.

But then they take up to several years out to have kids, often want to go back part time, won't travel because of the Children, and want to leave bang on time in order to collect them from childcare.

when its suggested that the husband do an equal share of this, many will turn around and say I don't want that because I want to be the main carer/ensure the little cherub is dealt with exactly how I want to.

Sorry, you can't do both. Make a choice and then don't bleat about that inevitable consequence which is by the time your kid reaches high school and you feel comfortable not being the helicopter over them, you aren't going to be able to return to the workforce and make CEO of FTSE company.

But dare say the above, even as a woman (which I was last I checked) and you are part of the problem, apparently.

Post of the Year thus far. I can almost hear SueEllen and Cojak whittling away at their voodoo dolls whilst frothing at the mouth!!
                      “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Working...
                      X