• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Easy way into Zencash CryptoCurrency via Mining Rig?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The most expensive clothes you'll never see. Or not as the tale goes.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

I've setup a number of these securenodes, its pretty easy if you have any sort of linux knowledge. Just started getting the payments yesterday that
      have accrued since Mid December.

Comment

Originally posted by bish View Post
        I've setup a number of these securenodes, its pretty easy if you have any sort of linux knowledge. Just started getting the payments yesterday that
        You and I need to talk. I'm without the linux knowledge, I'm a math guy but don't do software.... is there a set of instructions you used?
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by bish View Post
          How many payments have you been assigned? On the tracker I have 4 against my node - all sitting at ‘review’ status - with inconsistent periods between.

16th and 17th Dec
          ...nothing....
          3rd and 4th Jan

Node has been up since mainnet went live.

https://securenodes.eu.zensystem.io/nodes/1444/pmts

Seen the disclaimer about payments still being in beta, but seems pretty defective!

Comment

Originally posted by finlay1888 View Post
            How many payments have you been assigned? On the tracker I have 4 against my node - all sitting at ‘review’ status - with inconsistent periods between.

16th and 17th Dec
            ...nothing....
            3rd and 4th Jan

Node has been up since mainnet went live.

https://securenodes.eu.zensystem.io/nodes/1444/pmts

Seen the disclaimer about payments still being in beta, but seems pretty defective!
            The same. Check your wallet you should have received payments #1 and #4 to your stake address.
            Its still in beta so they are ironing out the issues. The live date they are aiming for is 15th Jan so hopefully
            all the issues should be fixed by then. We're assured that everything is still being recorded on the tracker
            server even though payments are not showing on the node.

Comment

Just for laughs I've been mining BTC using Nicehash for a few days now. Just on my home PC with a NVidia 970 GPU. It's bringing in around $3/day

I tried mining SmartCash and Sia too but I wasn't getting even a $ a day for those.

I've heard you can set up a £100k GPU rig that will mine £13k worth of coins a month. Would be interested in ramping up, even more so if you guys want to team up.

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
                Just for laughs I've been mining BTC using Nicehash for a few days now. Just on my home PC with a NVidia 970 GPU. It's bringing in around $3/day

I tried mining SmartCash and Sia too but I wasn't getting even a $ a day for those.

I've heard you can set up a £100k GPU rig that will mine £13k worth of coins a month. Would be interested in ramping up, even more so if you guys want to team up.

That will probably fry your pc before too long.

As I understand it, electricity costs here are too much to make mining economical. That's assuming the current BTC price of course, but why not just buy the BTC if your profitability depends on the price increasing.

Unless you have a decent supply of free electricity. I wonder how many server rack at big corps have an ant miner hidden in there somewhere

Comment

Originally posted by FrontEnder View Post
                  ... Unless you have a decent supply of free electricity. I wonder how many server rack at big corps have an ant miner hidden in there somewhere

Set up a January fat club bicycle leccy generator scheme to power your mining rigs and make some coin while all the fatties lose the pounds.

Those servers will all already be mining as of this week, for Intel, now they've convinced the world to patch all the servers/PCs and suffer an 'up to 30%' decrease in performance.
                  Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by FrontEnder View Post
                    That will probably fry your pc before too long.

As I understand it, electricity costs here are too much to make mining economical. That's assuming the current BTC price of course, but why not just buy the BTC if your profitability depends on the price increasing.

Unless you have a decent supply of free electricity. I wonder how many server rack at big corps have an ant miner hidden in there somewhere
                    I looked at mining at home for a while and decided power costs were too high.

Plus the risk of the difficulty increasing making my rig less profitable before I see ROI worried me.

Something that I did like the idea of though was running the rig in the loft and ducting the hot air into the bedrooms and office to cut down on the gas heating bill!

Comment

Originally posted by Snarf View Post
                      I looked at mining at home for a while and decided power costs were too high.

Plus the risk of the difficulty increasing making my rig less profitable before I see ROI worried me.

Something that I did like the idea of though was running the rig in the loft and ducting the hot air into the bedrooms and office to cut down on the gas heating bill!
                      Snap! I had the same thought. If the earnings on a mining rig === the cost of the electricity, then at least, assuming you are generating alot of heat, you have free heating in the winter.

Maybe someone should invent an electric combi boiler that generates enough coin to offset the electric costs. Bingo, free hot water!
                      First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Working...
                      X