• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Easy way into Zencash CryptoCurrency via Mining Rig?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
    Is today 'Crypto tax day'?
    Looks like we are in the awareness phase of the crypto bubble, still a long way to go.
    Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
      Looks like we are in the awareness phase of the crypto bubble, still a long way to go.
      At least a year
      "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
        At least a year
        Hope so. I missed the first train to the moon.

The big surge will happen when Joe Public can 'invest' without all the current hassle. Can't even register on some of the exchanges currently, great solution those are offering.

Awaiting the next gen exchanges to come online offering one click solutions: "What coin do you want to buy, what do you want to pay with, and how much?"

The simpler the process becomes the more people and their money that will be sucked up.
        Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
          Is mining affected by the imminent Intel 'meltdown' patch or the Intel/AMD 'spectre' patch, that may cause a predicted 'up to 30%' slow down?

Lots of unhappy miners if so. Though I guess they just won't bother installing the patch.
          It's GPU not CPU intensive - mate is running an old-ish pentium in his rig with 4 graphics cards. No worries here.

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
          And if Zencash is worth around $300 dollars by the end of 2018, how would you feel then?
          Yep - I think the idea is to mine as much of it as he cant whilst the hashing is still relatively easy and hold the coins to watch them go up. He wants to get to a point where he has mined enough currency to setup a Secure Node.

I'd sooner set up a secure node to make more zens rather than mining them...
          Scoots I've not been watching, is the reward system for that even live yet?

Comment

Originally posted by mattfx View Post

Scoots I've not been watching, is the reward system for that even live yet?

yes, since the 2nd week of December.

Got enough to set up XX secure nodes with a monthly payout of around $3k - just haven't pulled my finger out.
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

yes, since the 2nd week of December.

Got enough to set up XX secure nodes with a monthly payout of around $3k - just haven't pulled my finger out.
              Thanks - i got pretty ill around then and stopped keeping up with developments.

Comment

Thanks - i got pretty ill around then and stopped keeping up with developments.
                Scoots look here:

https://securenodes.eu.zensystem.io/

Estimated Zen/Node/Day = 0.0427 - you're looking at 1.2 Zen per 30 days assuming your uptime is good enough, given current SecureNode operators. The servers are around £10/month to run from a known provider, not sure it's going to be as good as prospect as we all thought.

Assuming you have to have 42 Zen held on the server at all times, that's going to take four years to get your original investment back. Or you could just look at it as compound interest I guess, if you're already holding the coin anyway.

With the mining operation you can always change coin if Zen tanks, or sell the rig for not a lot less than you paid for it. Just an alternative take.
                Last edited by mattfx; 5 January 2018, 11:55.

Comment

Scoots look here:

https://securenodes.eu.zensystem.io/

Estimated Zen/Node/Day = 0.0427 - you're looking at 1.2 Zen per 30 days assuming your uptime is good enough, given current SecureNode operators. The servers are around £10/month to run from a known provider, not sure it's going to be as good as prospect as we all thought.

Assuming you have to have 42 Zen held on the server at all times, that's going to take four years to get your original investment back. Or you could just look at it as compound interest I guess, if you're already holding the coin anyway.

With the mining operation you can always change coin if Zen tanks, or sell the rig for not a lot less than you paid for it. Just an alternative take.
                  Thanks, that's interesting.

Does your ROI consider the price to be static? What if the price of Zencash increases dramatically?

My position has always been about coin accumulation. Imagine if you mined 100's of bitcoin years ago? You'd be glad now I think

Should pull my finger out and set some up, got enough to set up 20 or 30 nodes anyway, which $2.2k a month at today's price or $12k per month when the coin value hit $300.
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Thanks, that's interesting.

Does your ROI consider the price to be static? What if the price of Zencash increases dramatically?

My position has always been about coin accumulation. Imagine if you mined 100's of bitcoin years ago? You'd be glad now I think

Should pull my finger out and set some up, got enough to set up 20 or 30 nodes anyway, which $2.2k a month at today's price or $12k per month when the coin value hit $300.

Once you've cracked setting one up, the rest will pretty much be a template. Either rinse and repeat or ask someone better at Linux than I and I am sure you could script it out...

Comment

Jesus, it's the emperors new clothes.
                      What happens in General, stays in General.
                      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                      X