• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Awesome post on el reg

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome post on el reg

Brazil says it has bagged Royal Navy flagship HMS Ocean for £84m • The Register

Yes we are selling some old ship to Brazil.

The flagship of the Royal Navy, HMS Ocean, has been sold to Brazil for £84m, the South American country’s government has confirmed.

The 22,000-tonne helicopter carrier, which returned from her last British deployment to the Caribbean just weeks ago, will be formally decommissioned from the RN in spring this year.
    But these made me cackle like a nutter in the office!

wolfetone
    I wouldn't say so.

The Brazilians could definitely put a landing strip on top of it if they wanted.

Anonymous Coward
    Best not to wax it though, the planes could slip off.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Originally posted by vetran View Post

The Brazilians could definitely put a landing strip on top of it if they wanted.

Anonymous Coward
    Best not to wax it though, the planes could slip off.
    got any tips on getting red wine out of a laptop keyboard?
    Barsteward!

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

Some quality comments in the register!

Comment

Working...
      X