• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oh dear 77749

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
    You are in denial if you don't think there is a problem. I was at a dinner and one of the women there mentioned she was out in Blackburn town centre and was spat at by a Indian/Pakistani gentleman - nice eh. Then the other women mentioned the issues that they had from being followed by men of Indian/Pakistani origin to being made to feel uncomfortable in taxis by the driver. We mentioned that on our dog walk we walked with a lady that had also been followed on her way back to her car from work by a Indian/Pakistani man.

There is definitely a problem with some cultures assimilating.
    Over New Year I saw a number of women being hassled and some of it was quite obnoxious. Sadly it was people of a certain culture too however it won't be reported in the press because they weren't coloured, weren't migrants, didn't follow a certain religion but you can continue to vilify other cultures if you want...
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Yes but there are real problems with some cultures.
      And in others, they are swept under the carpet and ignored, because they don't fit the required profile to raise the blood pressure among racists?
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        And in others, they are swept under the carpet and ignored, because they don't fit the required profile to raise the blood pressure among racists?
        There you go soon as someone tries to discuss an issue you shout racist.

Comment

Almost 20% of the prison population is Muslim, from a civilian pollution of about 5%. These figures are replicated across Europe.

We have codified our values in our legal system and our Muslim 'friends' don't share them.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
            Almost 20% of the prison population is Muslim, from a civilian pollution of about 5%. These figures are replicated across Europe.

We have codified our values in our legal system and our Muslim 'friends' don't share them.
            I think my point was different. You have migrants from cultures that aren't used to women dressing and behaving in a normal way in our country and react inappropriately and sometimes illegally. Then you have cultures here where men born here are not exposed to women and therefore can't relate to women properly. I don't know how this relates to prison populations.

Comment

Oh dear 77749

But how does this relate to the fact that Muslim migrants from Syria, Iraq & Afghanistan are not the ones committing the crimes?
              The report made that very clear.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

There you go soon as someone tries to discuss an issue you shout racist.
                racist!

Comment

Then you have cultures here where men born here are not exposed to women and therefore can't relate to women properly.
                  Indeed. All those who went to public school.

I love the stories MrsBP tells me from boarding school before she found boys. Sex with 2 different girls in one night.

A pity she does not relive her childhood more often.....

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                    But how does this relate to the fact that Muslim migrants from Syria, Iraq & Afghanistan are not the ones committing the crimes?
                    The report made that very clear.
                    Less likey is the claim.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Ye..._and_detainees

HTH but I doubt it will.

Comment

Working...
                    X