Is Crypto the new contracting? Is Crypto the new contracting? - Page 7
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Posts 61 to 69 of 69
  1. #61

    More fingers than teeth

    BlasterBates - scorchio!

    BlasterBates's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    1922 Commitee
    Posts
    14,028

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jog On View Post
    Where did you read that? And where do you get your information on market cap and how it affects price?
    Treasury crackdown on Bitcoin over concerns it is used to launder money and dodge tax

    There are no legitimate companies paying their employees in Bitcoins, and there is no b2b market for legit companies in Bitcoin, this is essentially being driven by money launderers, tax evaders, wannacray exortion racketeers, left and rightwing anarchists and N.Korean hackers.

    It does mean of course that there is a billion dollar market underwriting Bitcoin and allowing some geeks to speculate.
    I'm alright Jack

  2. #62

    Dirty spekulant

    Jog On - scorchio!

    Jog On's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Troll farm somewhere in Russia
    Posts
    7,841

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlasterBates View Post
    Treasury crackdown on Bitcoin over concerns it is used to launder money and dodge tax

    There are no legitimate companies paying their employees in Bitcoins, and there is no b2b market for legit companies in Bitcoin, this is essentially being driven by money launderers, tax evaders, wannacray exortion racketeers, left and rightwing anarchists and N.Korean hackers.

    It does mean of course that there is a billion dollar market underwriting Bitcoin and allowing some geeks to speculate.
    The crims are using Monero - Bitcoin isn't fit for purpose as a currency at the moment. The anonymity aspect and regulation is definitely a good thing as we discussed just over a month ago when this article was published.
    Because feelings...

  3. #63

    Godlike

    BR14 is always on top

    BR14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Under your kitchen sink
    Posts
    7,824

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlasterBates View Post
    Treasury crackdown on Bitcoin over concerns it is used to launder money and dodge tax

    There are no legitimate companies paying their employees in Bitcoins, and there is no b2b market for legit companies in Bitcoin, this is essentially being driven by money launderers, tax evaders, wannacray exortion racketeers, left and rightwing anarchists and N.Korean hackers.

    It does mean of course that there is a billion dollar market underwriting Bitcoin and allowing some geeks to speculate.
    that made me laugh

    a colleague of mine in NL some years ago was going on about bitcoin.
    i have no reasoned dislike of it as an investment, - it just doesn't smell right.
    i can feel it in my water, if you like
    Entropy is NOT what it used to be.
    Inertia, however........................

  4. #64

    Godlike

    BR14 is always on top

    BR14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Under your kitchen sink
    Posts
    7,824

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BR14 View Post
    that made me laugh

    a colleague of mine in NL some years ago was going on about bitcoin.
    i have no reasoned dislike of it as an investment, - it just doesn't smell right.
    i can feel it in my water, if you like
    I do hope he was able to cash out, - he deserves a break
    Entropy is NOT what it used to be.
    Inertia, however........................

  5. #65

    Banned

    Tonymustwearbriefs is too good to be a permie


    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlasterBates View Post
    Treasury crackdown on Bitcoin over concerns it is used to launder money and dodge tax

    There are no legitimate companies paying their employees in Bitcoins, and there is no b2b market for legit companies in Bitcoin, this is essentially being driven by money launderers, tax evaders, wannacray exortion racketeers, left and rightwing anarchists and N.Korean hackers.

    It does mean of course that there is a billion dollar market underwriting Bitcoin and allowing some geeks to speculate.
    The whole point of crypto currencies is that they cannot be regulated. If I want to pay my mate in boobcoins how can you stop me? Only at the point boobs are converted into fiat can you regulate it. And that's where the "dealers" are springing up. Eg. Bitcoin ATMs

    Remember how you weren't cool in school? The lads got the girls and you became academic? That's what's happening now in crypto. The lads are getting involved while you reserved chaps stand on the edge of the dance floor waiting for the sensible girls to turn up.
    Last edited by Tonymustwearbriefs; 4th January 2018 at 20:49.

  6. #66

    Super poster

    Hobosapien - scorchio!

    Hobosapien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    LA - la la fantasy land
    Posts
    2,686

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Why March 31st? Japanese related? Will gold go up or down?
    Hammond will announce his intention to reverse Brown's sell off of the gold by buying it all back on that date, two weeks after the Spring Budget giving people plenty of time to pile in before the price shoots up.

    If it's something else then come on scooterscot, spill the beans.
    Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

  7. #67

    More time posting than coding

    vadhert 's job has never been outsourced

    vadhert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Top of a steaming heap
    Posts
    328

    Default

    The monkey with the hammer may be meeting his death on 31st March is the rumor.
    Polishing a turd near you!!

  8. #68

    Super poster

    Hobosapien - scorchio!

    Hobosapien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    LA - la la fantasy land
    Posts
    2,686

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vadhert View Post
    The monkey with the hammer may be meeting his death on 31st March is the rumor.


    NK leader, Trump, some other 'monkey'?

    Edit: Wouldn't be surprised if the March budget has a new tax for cryocoin gains. May be too soon for them to react but for sure they'll be seeing all the money piling in and want more control than hoping people declare the CGT on a self assessment. If the clampdown on crypto started in earnest with major world leading countries, then a rush from crypto to gold may be likely.
    Last edited by Hobosapien; 5th January 2018 at 10:14.
    Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

  9. #69

    More time posting than coding

    vadhert 's job has never been outsourced

    vadhert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Top of a steaming heap
    Posts
    328

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hobosapien View Post


    NK leader, Trump, some other 'monkey'?

    Edit: Wouldn't be surprised if the March budget has a new tax for cryocoin gains. May be too soon for them to react but for sure they'll be seeing all the money piling in and want more control than hoping people declare the CGT on a self assessment. If the clampdown on crypto started in earnest with major world leading countries, then a rush from crypto to gold may be likely.
    The one that on the same day and time regularly hammers the $ price of gold to protect the $.
    Polishing a turd near you!!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •