• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is Crypto the new contracting?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
    Where did you read that? And where do you get your information on market cap and how it affects price?
    Treasury crackdown on Bitcoin over concerns it is used to launder money and dodge tax

There are no legitimate companies paying their employees in Bitcoins, and there is no b2b market for legit companies in Bitcoin, this is essentially being driven by money launderers, tax evaders, wannacray exortion racketeers, left and rightwing anarchists and N.Korean hackers.

It does mean of course that there is a billion dollar market underwriting Bitcoin and allowing some geeks to speculate.
    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
      Treasury crackdown on Bitcoin over concerns it is used to launder money and dodge tax

There are no legitimate companies paying their employees in Bitcoins, and there is no b2b market for legit companies in Bitcoin, this is essentially being driven by money launderers, tax evaders, wannacray exortion racketeers, left and rightwing anarchists and N.Korean hackers.

It does mean of course that there is a billion dollar market underwriting Bitcoin and allowing some geeks to speculate.
      The crims are using Monero - Bitcoin isn't fit for purpose as a currency at the moment. The anonymity aspect and regulation is definitely a good thing as we discussed just over a month ago when this article was published.
      "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

that made me laugh

a colleague of mine in NL some years ago was going on about bitcoin.
        i have no reasoned dislike of it as an investment, - it just doesn't smell right.
        i can feel it in my water, if you like

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
          that made me laugh

a colleague of mine in NL some years ago was going on about bitcoin.
          i have no reasoned dislike of it as an investment, - it just doesn't smell right.
          i can feel it in my water, if you like
          I do hope he was able to cash out, - he deserves a break

Comment

The whole point of crypto currencies is that they cannot be regulated. If I want to pay my mate in boobcoins how can you stop me? Only at the point boobs are converted into fiat can you regulate it. And that's where the "dealers" are springing up. Eg. Bitcoin ATMs

Remember how you weren't cool in school? The lads got the girls and you became academic? That's what's happening now in crypto. The lads are getting involved while you reserved chaps stand on the edge of the dance floor waiting for the sensible girls to turn up.
            Last edited by Tonymustwearbriefs; 4 January 2018, 20:49.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              Why March 31st? Japanese related? Will gold go up or down?
              Hammond will announce his intention to reverse Brown's sell off of the gold by buying it all back on that date, two weeks after the Spring Budget giving people plenty of time to pile in before the price shoots up.

If it's something else then come on scooterscot, spill the beans.
              Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

The monkey with the hammer may be meeting his death on 31st March is the rumor.
                Polishing a turd near you!!

Comment

Originally posted by vadhert View Post
                  The monkey with the hammer may be meeting his death on 31st March is the rumor.

NK leader, Trump, some other 'monkey'?

Edit: Wouldn't be surprised if the March budget has a new tax for cryocoin gains. May be too soon for them to react but for sure they'll be seeing all the money piling in and want more control than hoping people declare the CGT on a self assessment. If the clampdown on crypto started in earnest with major world leading countries, then a rush from crypto to gold may be likely.
                  Last edited by Hobosapien; 5 January 2018, 10:14.
                  Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post

NK leader, Trump, some other 'monkey'?

Edit: Wouldn't be surprised if the March budget has a new tax for cryocoin gains. May be too soon for them to react but for sure they'll be seeing all the money piling in and want more control than hoping people declare the CGT on a self assessment. If the clampdown on crypto started in earnest with major world leading countries, then a rush from crypto to gold may be likely.
                    The one that on the same day and time regularly hammers the $ price of gold to protect the $.
                    Polishing a turd near you!!

Comment

Working...
                    X