• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Toby Young deletes his tweets

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    Toby Young deletes his tweets

...because they're a load of rightwing bollox that make him look like a pillock.

Apparently deleting tweets means he's against openness, which means he is now not suitable for the role he was appointed to even if he was suitable in the first place.....
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Toby Young is now trying to retrieve the 40,000 tweets he pointlessly deleted.....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        Toby Young is now trying to retrieve the 40,000 tweets he pointlessly deleted.....
        I came up with a joke about this:

In the future when computers rule over humans, they will have records of who upset others from our social media accounts, it's PCs gone mad!

Comment

He is certainly committed to education these days, though I don't necessarily agree with his views on it.

I can't decide on this. Some of his past tweets have been bad. Not just un-PC, I mean really very vulgar. I guess that harms his public standing and reputation.

On the other hand, his political opponents have used his Twitter history to block his appointment. They don't really object to his vulgarity, just his views on education. They have mobilized a Twitter mob to get their own way. Pure politics. Personally, I don't agree with his views, but they might have been useful in balancing out the lunacy on university campuses, anti-free speech activities and so on.

Comment

Originally posted by unixman View Post
            They have mobilized a Twitter mob to get their own way. Pure politics.
            Sounds like you see a conspiracy. Who are 'they' by the way ? He was a cock who didn't deserve the job - he got the job because of his mates and who he knew.

Comment

Originally posted by radish2008 View Post
              Sounds like you see a conspiracy. Who are 'they' by the way ? He was a cock who didn't deserve the job - he got the job because of his mates and who he knew.
              You did a very selective quote there! Unixman was clearly in 2 minds.

Toby was not a cock. He was, is, and will be forever probably.

Comment

Originally posted by unixman View Post
                He is certainly committed to education these days, though I don't necessarily agree with his views on it.

I can't decide on this. Some of his past tweets have been bad. Not just un-PC, I mean really very vulgar. I guess that harms his public standing and reputation.

On the other hand, his political opponents have used his Twitter history to block his appointment. They don't really object to his vulgarity, just his views on education. They have mobilized a Twitter mob to get their own way. Pure politics. Personally, I don't agree with his views, but they might have been useful in balancing out the lunacy on university campuses, anti-free speech activities and so on.
                Looks like your assumption about a leftie conspiracy is wrong by about 180 degrees.

It appears that Tobes was pushed out because his far-right eugenics views are slowly becoming public...

http://zelo-street.blogspot.co.uk/20...n-he-went.html

Comment

Let's face it, if he had 9 years of "death to the jews" type comments nobody would have complained.

Comment

…Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                      Let's face it, if he had 9 years of "death to the jews" type comments nobody would have complained.
                      Wouldn’t they? Ken Livingston might have something to say about that.

Comment

Working...
                      X