• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

SC Clearance

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SC Clearance

I Have been security cleared on 2 occassions the last expired in 2015. I have just offered new a job which requires SC Clearance. In 2016 I was on a train without a valid ticket & was fined and given a criminal record. I intend not to hide any fact regarding this issue & my finances are not are not the best either. Contract arrives on Monday

Please advise what are my chances of been SC cleared this time around. Thanks

Originally posted by RJM View Post
    I Have been security cleared on 2 occassions the last expired in 2015. I have just offered new a job which requires SC Clearance. In 2016 I was on a train without a valid ticket & was fined and given a criminal record. I intend not to hide any fact regarding this issue & my finances are not are not the best either. Contract arrives on Monday

As has been said on here before its not all black and white and depends on dept.
    If you have been SC twice before that should be in your favour and am sure if you are honest can explain away a train ticket - I cant believe you got a criminal record from this. Finances 'not the best' could mean anything so hard to comment on this.

Comment

Originally posted by RJM View Post

You should have paid for a decent QC to get you off the fine.
      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
        You should have paid for a decent QC to get you off the fine.
        Actually would have been better off paying the penalty fair and not being prosecuted at all. Too late for that.

If you are successfully prosecuted you will end up with a criminal record, although the offence is not a recordable one.
        I don’t know whether the vetting agency can see non-recordable offences.
        My suggestion would be to identify the offence, on the application. Might be worthwhile to note that it’s a non-recordable offence as the vetting is more about honesty. I know of people with far more serious offences who have been cleared.
        See You Next Tuesday

Comment

I don't know how many more times we have to say it. Always assume the vetting people know everything already so tell the truth. It won't go any further than you and them; all the sponsors sees is a go/no-go decision.

Financial problems are an issue, probably. It depends what you're being vetted for. The real test is if you can be coerced because of them or if you are financially incompetent but you will never know why you've been refused.

The only approach is to disclose everything and see what happens. Nobody can second guess the system, and even if they could they won't tell you how in a public forum.
          Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Working...
          X