• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Golden Globes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The obvious answer is to put chemical castration drugs in drinking water.

PS Maybe not, we'd all be drinking vodka instead.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
      So if you are a chap and plan B was taking off and you had to make a hire. You and that person in an office on your own, would you hire a female?

Could very easily put stress on home life.
      I would hire the best person for the job. Though I have to admit if my business was depending on this person then I would think about the prospects of that person having a baby.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
        Though I have to admit if my business was depending on this person then I would think about the prospects of that person having a baby.
        Just make sure you don't offend the wrong person....

Comment

I would hire the best person for the job. Though I have to admit if my business was depending on this person then I would think about the prospects of that person having a baby.
          Sexist!!!

SueEllen
          “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
            Sexist!!!

SueEllen
            Yeah but that's the reality of it. Even where a business is likely to go under they can't fire a pregnant member of staff and hire another person. Which is fair and correct, totally with this. But if it was my business...defo in the back of my mind.

I'm not sexist, honestly. If i had a business that could carry a few prego hippos for a year or two whilst making a profit for my bros then all for women getting banged up.

Comment

I am looking to hire the best person for my plan B.

Plan B is a brothel.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                I am looking to hire the best person for my plan B.

Plan B is a brothel.
                Sex robot, cheaper in the long run, especially if you use solar to charge the batteries.

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
                  But what kind of men do they really want us to become?

Because last time I checked they like being looked at and appreciated and desired, and emasculated, subservient, whipped men are not really much good to anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
                    I'm not doubting the number of women in senior positions nor saying its a bad thing. There are more Mike Pences cropping up as a result of an overdone and overexploited #metoo movement.

I do believe that if more women held senior positions in government and business the world would be a more peaceful place. And not just the Hillary Clintons and Victoria Nulands...

I agree that men should be who they want to be without conforming to being 'nice guys'.
                    If Mike Pence can’t go on a business trip and keep his hands to himself, I tend to think that’s his problem and not the women’s.

Somehow I’ve managed to go on dozens of business trips with female colleagues, had business dinners and drinks, and not fallen all over their tits.

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
                      If Mike Pence can’t go on a business trip and keep his hands to himself, I tend to think that’s his problem and not the women’s.
                      The point is that Mike Pence makes sure he's never alone with a woman in order to prevent spurious complaints about his behaviour. It's a societical problem.

Woohoo - you may not be sexist, but if it were shown that you'd not taken on a woman because "she might get pregnant", then you'd be liable for prosecution under the sex discrimination act. So, under law, you are sexist.
                      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                      X