• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Gold investors

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
    If gold is predicted to 'shoot up' isn't it easier/safer to hold shares in the actual mines?

I'd like some gold silver but it would have to be physical, to be sure it exists and not some fractional reserve banking scam, where the services offering to hold it for you either in vaults or some form of ETF oversell their actual holdings and won't be able to fulfil all purchases if the buyers all wanted to collect.

Holding physical precious metals obviously has it's own set off issues.

Besides in 2018 the kids have woken up to a modern way of storing value and edging against fiat. Gold is for old timers.
    This is exactly my strategy, 10% of my shares portfolio is in Gold mining. It's a great diversifier that not only follows the Gold price it also goes up even if the Gold price doesn't simply because of new mining technology and mining diversification in times where the Gold price is stagnant. If the Gold price goes down mining shares do however drop, it's just better than Gold in times of stagnant Gold prices, and you get dividends which you don't get from holding Gold.
    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      If you decide to sell and invest in another asset class, please let us know. As it is going to tank....
      I was thinking of selling a wodge of the gold and buying crypto.

Comment

Originally posted by stonehenge View Post
        I was thinking of selling a wodge of the gold and buying crypto.
        Seemingly if 1% of gold investments are sold into bitcoin, then bitcoin would grow to $1m per coin as a result.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
        X