• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

CUK Poster Recruitment Drive

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CUK Poster Recruitment Drive

With the forum operating on a sub optimal level of community engagement I am proposing something we can all get behind to try and increase the number of active users.

So this is the plan...

1. Everyone create 5 emails and register 5 new users.
    2. Build up the usual minimal level of posting "do i need an accountant" etc
    3. Select unusual personal traits for your 5 posters, gay train spotter, midget SAS authority
    4. Swarm on General

Prizes will be announced in due course for the most amusing posting styles, flounces, bans etc

The forum holiday has become a staycation?

Comment

Personally I think the issue is CUK is too contraversial.

I suggest the mods do alot of aggressive moderating(pun intended). Then more people will post in general.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        Personally I think the issue is CUK is too contraversial.

I suggest the mods do alot of aggressive moderating(pun intended). Then more people will post in general.

Frankly I think it's the poor spelling that puts people off joining.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
          With the forum operating on a sub optimal level of community engagement I am proposing something we can all get behind to try and increase the number of active users.

So this is the plan...

1. Everyone create 5 emails and register 5 new users.
          2. Build up the usual minimal level of posting "do i need an accountant" etc
          3. Select unusual personal traits for your 5 posters, gay train spotter, midget SAS authority
          4. Swarm on General

Prizes will be announced in due course for the most amusing posting styles, flounces, bans etc
          Or your could just lurk on 4chan for your desired content if that's what floats your boat.

Comment

Reddit is where it's at.

CUK needs to stay as an unsafe space and live up to the 'abandon all hope ye who enter here' tagline. [sidetrack]Did anyone watch Dante's history of Hell over Xmas? Quite juicy but could have done with a bit less modern dance writhing around...[/sidetrack]
            "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
              gay train spotter
              Easy

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
                Easy

THERE you are, i thought a ceiling had fallen on you

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                  THERE you are, i thought a ceiling had fallen on you
                  Nah, it was AndyW's mum. A ceiling wouldn't take too long to get out from under.

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
                    Reddit is where it's at.

CUK needs to stay as an unsafe space and live up to the 'abandon all hope ye who enter here' tagline. [sidetrack]Did anyone watch Dante's history of Hell over Xmas? Quite juicy but could have done with a bit less modern dance writhing around...[/sidetrack]
                    Would you like illegal content to remain?

Comment

Working...
                    X