• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Do men have a right to "hit" on women?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mattfx View Post
    Don't even get me started on the "b" word. This is the exact reason I moved to Match when I was internet dating; the quality of woman is infinitely better there than Tinder, they are actually interested in something meaningful and most times, you don't find out a few weeks later they actually have a better half / husband lurking around. Long live paid for subscriptions for premium services.
    I'm not even sure what the definition of "banter" actually is: it seems to range from "good conversation" to "verbal roastings" and "dirty talk". I always ignore anyone who mentions the B word on their profile, it's just not worth the hassle of finding out what they actually expect you to say.

I've often wondered if Match was any good, my fear of paid-for services is always whether they really have as many potential matches as they claim to before you've signed up. Also whether it's full of desperate women looking for someone willing to propose after 2 months.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
      And I fookin love a woman in jodhpurs and boots...

with a whip..

She seems to have lost her horse.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
        Another potential CUK mod.

Comment

Originally posted by mattfx View Post
          But it's double standards; any woman looking at pictures of a man will assume certain things by the way he dresses and his profile pictures:
          More likely it will tell you their background.

The lady that sits to me wears a leather dress once a week. In an IB. She is not being provocative. She is Italian.

A few years ago I was on a team with several people of Indian extraction. One decided to start cycling. I showed them the showers. Another Indian warned him that in the UK people often do not get changed under a towel. The guy was amazed. I pointed out that in Germany/Austria you are expected to go into mixed sauna naked.

The Italian on the team then said "Thats nothing. In Italy men will be naked, 1 foot on the floor, 1 foot on a bench, tackle out chatting to someone for 10 minutes".

Comment

TAKE UP HORSE RIDING BY HAVING LESSONS!
            Is that better than yoga?

Comment

I will happily stand in for the horse!

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                Is that better than yoga?
                Yep, yoga whilst is a good idea for meeting women does not result in the same level of desperation. Women that have horses pretty much spend most of their time looking after the horse, the stable, feed and then riding the horse. The only men they are likely to meet are men in the horse world. So, they are desperate.

They are also down to earth, Brillo you strike me as a man that has a flatulence problem. These women are used to shoveling dirt, they will see your smelly problem as endearing.

Comment

YBrillo you strike me as a man that has a flatulence problem.
                  I think you are confusing me with Zeity.

I think I am better than most men my age. Well, actually I don't know. Is it time for a flatulence survey?

Comment

Originally posted by Willapp View Post
                    I've often wondered if Match was any good, my fear of paid-for services is always whether they really have as many potential matches as they claim to before you've signed up. Also whether it's full of desperate women looking for someone willing to propose after 2 months.
                    Match is garbage. Somewhat for the reasons you mention. But also:

- Woman with unrealistic expectations (wish list, as already mentioned, must be 6' tall, must be this, that, solvent, charming blah effin blah)
                    - Woman who are age X and want to find a man aged from X-10 to X+1
                    - Woman who don't bother to pay, therefore you email them and they never ever reply, because replying means they have to pay a sub. This even after they wink and like you all day long.
                    - When you're a 'free' user (initially) you get many many winks and matches. These diminish rapidly once you pay, but mysteriously ramp up as your subscription nears the end or expires.

Try Tinder or Bumble for a better experience. Although Bumble is mainly prima-donnas who run their own business, are fitness instructors, ski, paraglide, ride horses, like to adventure in exotic locations, and want a guy who's tall, strong, fit, solvent, GSOH, spiritual, vegetarian, lefty, etc etc.

YMMV.

Comment

Don't bother with internet dating. The best place to meet women is Slimming World. Never fails.

Comment

Working...
                      X