• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Do men have a right to "hit" on women?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tonymustwearbriefs View Post
    Women hit on good looking guys.

I've got a mate who to me looks like an average bloke. One of our gay friends says he "has something for everyone" though.

Women regularly approach him, I've seen it with my own eyes. Hot women walk across the bar and come talk to him in particular. They say "why didn't you come over?". He says "I'm married".

Ugly blokes are f****d in today's society where choice is unlimited due to social media.
    "Looks don't matter - just be yourself" - one of the biggest cons ever
    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

In response to all of the posts about Match:

I've used it no less than three times. One very early on (I was still a teen - this was before Tinder!) One again just after my mum died where I massively took advantage because really, I wasn't after anything serious.. But that was a lot of fun..!

The last stint was recently, where I have met someone who is frankly fantastic, down to earth, works in finance in the City and generally speaking, wants the same things out of life that I do. I'm not massively attractive or incredibly intelligent, I'm funny on occasion. I would say I am a good 6.5/7 on the scale, on a good day. The whole thing about unrealistic expectations and what-not comes down mostly to the type of girl you are messaging / dating. Like any situation you are going to get knocked back, I had 5 other dates before I met the lass I am with now. Two others would've taken things further but I wasn't keen and the other two knocked me back. If you went up to five random women in a bar and started talking to them all, I would say the odds were a lot more stacked against you than if you started messaging five women on Match.

I cannot agree with WooHoo more on the horse riding gig..! It's absolutely true. You do have to be aware though, that you have to get round their houses for 9.30pm for freaky time, otherwise they will be asleep due to the 5am alarm clock. You also then have to suffer said alarm if you stop over.

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
        "Looks don't matter - just be yourself" - one of the biggest cons ever
        Don't entirely agree or disagree. I think that phrase held a lot more sway in yesteryears society and everyone was going to "discos" with floral shirts, Bob Dylan hair and were probably mostly high a lot of the time. That and there were far fewer places / ways to meet people, so expectations weren't so high. Now we have reliable transport, the internet and convenient ways of getting places, people have set the bar higher.

I do think however that you can start a relationship with a smoking hot woman if you happen to know her at a time when she doesn't have a lot of male attention, just by being nice, being yourself and offering whatever it is she wants. If there is a woman who is single and without an army of good looking blokes around her, it's probably because she actually wants someone kind and caring. Trying to find said woman however is a tricky one.

One of those phrases that was relevant, once upon a time, that just isn't so much now.

Comment

Originally posted by mattfx View Post
          Don't entirely agree or disagree. I think that phrase held a lot more sway in yesteryears society and everyone was going to "discos" with floral shirts, Bob Dylan hair and were probably mostly high a lot of the time. That and there were far fewer places / ways to meet people, so expectations weren't so high. Now we have reliable transport, the internet and convenient ways of getting places, people have set the bar higher.

I do think however that you can start a relationship with a smoking hot woman if you happen to know her at a time when she doesn't have a lot of male attention, just by being nice, being yourself and offering whatever it is she wants. If there is a woman who is single and without an army of good looking blokes around her, it's probably because she actually wants someone kind and caring. Trying to find said woman however is a tricky one.

One of those phrases that was relevant, once upon a time, that just isn't so much now.
          I think they are not as important but they definitely are important - and more important than we've been lead to believe. Not as important as confidence/power/status but when thrown into the package can make a lot of difference. Most men these days let themselves go when their body starts to put on weight - they just go with it (I definitely did) because it's viewed as not important in maintaining a happy and healthy relationship.

Obviously humour and personality and material success go a long way - but the importance of looks is very underrated for men - especially older men.

An older man in his 40s and 50s with said confidence/humour/personality/experience/material success - wrapped in a decent physique and dressed well can expect some of the best things life has to offer...
          "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

I think they are not as important but they definitely are important - and more important than we've been lead to believe. Not as important as confidence/power/status but when thrown into the package can make a lot of difference. Most men these days let themselves go when their body starts to put on weight - they just go with it (I definitely did) because it's viewed as not important in maintaining a happy and healthy relationship.

Obviously humour and personality and material success go a long way - but the importance of looks is very underrated for men - especially older men.

An older man in his 40s and 50s with said confidence/humour/personality/experience/material success - wrapped in a decent physique and dressed well can expect some of the best things life has to offer...

Comment

Originally posted by Tonymustwearbriefs View Post
              Women hit on good looking guys.

I've got a mate who to me looks like an average bloke. One of our gay friends says he "has something for everyone" though.

Women regularly approach him, I've seen it with my own eyes. Hot women walk across the bar and come talk to him in particular. They say "why didn't you come over?". He says "I'm married".

Ugly blokes are f****d in today's society where choice is unlimited due to social media.
              You say that, but how many times do you see hot women with ugly (or average) guys? Okay a lot of the time it might be money, but in all seriousness you have to make the best of what you've got. I'm average looking but I swim competitively (have done since I was a kid) so I'm in decent shape for a mid-30's guy which helps a lot. I'm not extremely vain but since becoming single again, I put a lot more effort into buying clothes that fit nicely and trying to pick outfits that don't look like I got dressed in the dark. I've dated quite a lot of fairly good looking women, mostly 10 years younger too.

What I'm saying is, if you're short and fat then yes you're probably f**ked, unless you're rich, in which case take your pick!

Comment

This Jog On chap could be up for a leadership role on this bulletin board with this kind of talk. Keep it up sir.

Comment

Originally posted by Willapp View Post
                  You say that, but how many times do you see hot women with ugly (or average) guys? Okay a lot of the time it might be money, but in all seriousness you have to make the best of what you've got. I'm average looking but I swim competitively (have done since I was a kid) so I'm in decent shape for a mid-30's guy which helps a lot. I'm not extremely vain but since becoming single again, I put a lot more effort into buying clothes that fit nicely and trying to pick outfits that don't look like I got dressed in the dark. I've dated quite a lot of fairly good looking women, mostly 10 years younger too.

What I'm saying is, if you're short and fat then yes you're probably f**ked, unless you're rich, in which case take your pick!
                  Not many hot women will be swayed by dollar alone.

A hot woman needs to be able to justify her choice of man socially.

Now, if you are known to have a small penis- you are making this hotty look like a loser in her social group.

If you are ugly, why would she date you? It makes her look desperate.

If you have a lot of money but nothing else, she will not date you because it makes her look morally dubious.

For a man in his 40s to get a young hotty he must be very handsome. He must have been a winner in his youth.

Comment

This +1.

Conversely, if you are already in a relationship, looking good and attracting female attention does keep them keener...

I.e dont let yourself go
                    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
                      This +1.

Conversely, if you are already in a relationship, looking good and attracting female attention does keep them keener...

I.e dont let yourself go
                      This is the way to keep the fire burning in a happy monogamous relationship I've learnt - which is one of the best things you can do for your significant other - even it it causes a bit of anxiety for them - or 'dread' as it's known.

Plus I won't lie - it is nice being flirted with by nice young waitresses/baristas/shop assistants etc - those instagram addicts are on to something there.

Comment

Working...
                      X