• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Do men have a right to "hit" on women?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HugeWhale View Post
    What a crock! Mick Jagger ticks all of those boxes (except he's much older than 40!) and he's never short of supermodels.

The fact is: most women don't care what a bloke looks like. Whether he's fat or thin, bald or sporting a flowing mane. It doesn't matter.
    Most women are dating a man simply because he was the one who asked them. That's it.

Don't try to out-mangina the pathetic, grovelling wimps on dating sites, get down to Slimming World and ask a woman out.
    This is bullsh1t. Woman want status. Jagger offers status.

And he's got a massive knob according to Pete Townsend.

Comment

Originally posted by Tonymustwearbriefs View Post
      This is bullsh1t. Woman want status. Jagger offers status.

And he's got a massive knob according to Pete Townsend.
      got or is?

Comment

Originally posted by HugeWhale View Post
        What a crock! Mick Jagger ticks all of those boxes (except he's much older than 40!) and he's never short of supermodels.

The fact is: most women don't care what a bloke looks like. Whether he's fat or thin, bald or sporting a flowing mane. It doesn't matter.
        Most women are dating a man simply because he was the one who asked them. That's it.

Don't try to out-mangina the pathetic, grovelling wimps on dating sites, get down to Slimming World and ask a woman out.
        This is one of the biggest misconceptions out there that's keeping most men in frustration. Yes there are exceptions to this rule but those cases have extra status/confidence/accomplishment/humor/money etc to make up for it. Looks are not as high up the list as men put them when considering women - but they are important and do make a world of difference.

Which is interesting when you see articles like this doing the rounds on social media:

https://www.maxim.com/maxim-man/why-...usbands-2017-7

“The results reveal that having a physically attractive husband may have negative consequences for wives, especially if those wives are not particularly attractive,” says researcher Tania Reynolds. “The research suggests there might be social factors playing a role in women’s disordered eating.”
        So let yourself go and be a good husband...

...Or don't and...

Based on their findings, their hypothesis — that less-attractive wives felt compelled to appease more-attractive husbands — seemed to have merit.
        https://www.studyfinds.org/body-imag...ttractiveness/

Sounds a bit mean and manipulative doesn't it. But there is a power dynamic at play here where the more desirable partner with options has the upper hand. Not nice I know but it is what it is. This is why the most popular male authored dating/relationship advice starts with 'sort your diet out and get down the gym - and get a new wardrobe'.
        "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

My Mrs. is a very attractive and sexy woman in her own right, I expect people to try and chat her up.

However, unlike previous relationships, I have had in the past, we do discuss everything.

A healthy and fulfilling sex life also helps
          The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

I should have added having a large knob helps
            The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
              This is one of the biggest misconceptions out there that's keeping most men in frustration. Yes there are exceptions to this rule but those cases have extra status/confidence/accomplishment/humor/money etc to make up for it. Looks are not as high up the list as men put them when considering women - but they are important and do make a world of difference.

Which is interesting when you see articles like this doing the rounds on social media:

https://www.maxim.com/maxim-man/why-...usbands-2017-7

So let yourself go and be a good husband...

...Or don't and...

https://www.studyfinds.org/body-imag...ttractiveness/

Sounds a bit mean and manipulative doesn't it. But there is a power dynamic at play here where the more desirable partner with options has the upper hand. Not nice I know but it is what it is. This is why the most popular male authored dating/relationship advice starts with 'sort your diet out and get down the gym - and get a new wardrobe'.
              One thing to bear in mind is that women age faster than men, due to having different skin. Especially if she smokes and likes a wine.

So you might invest a lot of time in finding a hotty only to find that in 10 years time her looks have gone and you are left with a right useless dog.

For this reason I recommend going for body type over looks. Make sure you pick one that you know you can shag for a long time. Then check her mother out to see if she has good ageing genes.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
                My Mrs. is a very attractive and sexy woman in her own right, I expect people to try and chat her up.

However, unlike previous relationships, I have had in the past, we do discuss everything.

A healthy and fulfilling sex life also helps
                This is all most of us want - and they want us to be faithful and place them at the center of our universe. Why go out for a burger when you've got a steak at home?

Me and the Mrs keep each other on our toes as she's always been very attractive and hit on constantly. I don't want to cause her anxiety and worry that I'm playing away - but a few months into last year's dieting/lifting regime she started asking me if I was having an affair which is apparently 'normal' during the early phases of 'dread game' .
                "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

This is all most of us want - and they want us to be faithful and place them at the center of our universe. Why go out for a burger when you've got a steak at home?

Me and the Mrs keep each other on our toes as she's always been very attractive and hit on constantly. I don't want to cause her anxiety and worry that I'm playing away - but a few months into last year's dieting/lifting regime she started asking me if I was having an affair which is apparently 'normal' during the early phases of 'dread game' .
                  When there's always biscuits in the tin - wheres the fun in biscuits?

Comment

I always used the "why go to the market for milk when you've got a cow at home" line.

Comment

Given that page contains this

'Part of the reason Dread Game is so effective is due to women’s hypergamic nature. Women naturally seek out a man that they view as superior to them. This is due to the fact that they want the best provider that they can land to provide for her and her offspring. A man who is deemed her superior is likewise seen as someone who can find someone else should he lose interest in his current partner, therefore the woman pulls out all the stops to entice him to stay. In contrast, a woman who sees herself as the catch will expect the man to dote on her every whim.'

I would get your tin hat out --- having said that not seen any of the lady posters on here for a while - maybe they are all out dieting for their new years resolution...

Comment

Working...
                      X