• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Do men have a right to "hit" on women?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

problem for me is the lack of balance

there is plenty of abuse against men, its just not reported as much

Comment

Originally posted by CoolCat View Post
      problem for me is the lack of balance

there is plenty of abuse against men, its just not reported as much
      It occurs less. It's reported less. Basically, it is as you surmised, and rightly so. It is far less prevalent.

Comment

Originally posted by contractorinatractor View Post
        It occurs less. It's reported less. Basically, it is as you surmised, and rightly so. It is far less prevalent.
        Lower reporting rates is not the same as lower level of incidents.

Comment

Originally posted by contractorinatractor View Post
          I disagree.

If there is pressure to laugh at men that are abused or to see them as less of a man, then they are not going to report abuse.

Gosh I can only imagine how bad things must get for a man to report abuse.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            I had a sex robot once. It insisted on marriage. Then divorced me.
            You had a lucky escape, I can imagine the pure tedium of being married to a Sex Robot, with the thing (lets call her Rachel just so she has a name) constantly wittering on about her need for more WD40, how you don't listen to her anymore, repeatedly asking you to put that Dr Who story "The Robots of Death" on again. Coming home and finding her in a compromising situation with the Hoover, the bloody Hoover of all things, hasn't even got a personality.

Comment

Originally posted by OneJag View Post
              You had a lucky escape, I can imagine the pure tedium of being married to a Sex Robot, with the thing (lets call her Rachel just so she has a name) constantly wittering on about her need for more WD40, how you don't listen to her anymore, repeatedly asking you to put that Dr Who story "The Robots of Death" on again. Coming home and finding her in a compromising situation with the Hoover, the bloody Hoover of all things, hasn't even got a personality.
              You may have put too much thought into this.

Comment

Working...
              X