• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why Are Pimps Forcing the Company Kool-Aid?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    I am sure the lack of pay is made up by the reaming you receive.
    FTFY
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      If you want a permit role with abusive clients, can I suggest becoming a forum moderator. You won't get £25k a year though.

Licence to post?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        I am sure the lack of pay is made up by the love you receive.
        Oh, definitely....for as long as the system keeps on running....

Comment

I've had a few of these as well recently.

You can see on my LI profile I've been freelance/contract for over 14 years, but they still send me permy roles.

Said no to one, his reply? "No worries thanks, if your situation changes please get in touch."

qh
          He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

I actually have a theory about this.

Relative scarcity of contracts.

I had four calls about the same contract on Monday, each a different recruiter.

Everyone had loads of permie roles but contracts were hard to find. I think some of that is also due to contracts being on the market for much less time as well.

It's ugly girls vs hot girls. Guess which ones you find on dating sites.

Sorry girls, but I want a hot bank account.

Comment

Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
              Said no to one, his reply? "No worries thanks, if your situation changes please get in touch."

Comment

A long time ago i was a pimp.......

I know, I needed the money etc .

But often they are just looking busy by making phone calls.

It is such a tulipty ra ra ra sales environment populated by wideboys in cheap suits whose sole goal in life is to be a wideboy in an expensive suit.

Comment

Originally posted by greenlake View Post
                  Oh, definitely....for as long as the system keeps on running....

Comment

Working...
                  X