• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sh*thole countries

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    **** der spiegel - have you read that crap. It's anti-american but at the same times it's obsessed with America.

Also, it's pretty anti-UK but to a lesser extent.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
      **** der spiegel - have you read that crap. It's anti-american but at the same times it's obsessed with America.

No I don't read it, but their cover is amusing. As Original PM says, the truth hurts.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
        No I don't read it, but their cover is amusing. As Original PM says, the truth hurts.

Doesnt hurt me. Just saying that the spiegel is about as anti-american as you can get.

Comment

Originally posted by The Spartan View Post
          Wales is, because a large section of the population still bang on about the coal mines being shut down and not being able to find work when it was decades ago that it happened.
          'ang on butti! Its 'ard getting work up the valleys mun. I want a well tidy job mun butt and I dont wanna have to go far like.
          Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            They only do that when they meet a new English person. Once you get to know them, a thoroughly lovely people with a beautiful country who could conquer the world if they could take the focus off the English for a while.

Take Languages. A second Language in primary schools is fantastic! They just need to switch to the widest spoken language in the world(Mandarin) instead of a language only spoken in one country in the world(and 50 people in Patagonia).

Don't tell PC I posted this - I have a reputation to maintain.....
            BP mun! :-)

Mind you - you do live in a pretty anglicised pocket of wales ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by The Spartan View Post
              Hahaha PC will no doubt be along shortly ...

Welsh isn't so bad and it is definitely getting more popular here, though this shocked me my daughter is in Year 8 at comp and they are teaching them Mandarin.

I think however this is just sheer luck as she is in the top class/set.
              My son too. He goes to a welsh language school.

Apparently they had to get special permission though to teach the mandarin lession via English (you know what I mean!). Couldn't get a welsh speaking mandarin teacher apparently!

Comment

Is there a single country that is not thought of as a tulip hole by anyone throughout the world?

If so list them.

List so far:

The facts may not represent the general view of a country's population let alone the view of the president of one.
                Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Doesnt hurt me. Just saying that the spiegel is about as anti-american as you can get.
                  Not really, just objectively reporting on Trump.
                  I'm alright Jack

Comment

Oh, so a sort of German version of the Independent?
                    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
                      My son too. He goes to a welsh language school.

Apparently they had to get special permission though to teach the mandarin lession via English (you know what I mean!). Couldn't get a welsh speaking mandarin teacher apparently!
                      Why on Earth are they bothering with Mandarin? Sounds just like the obsession thirty years ago with UK kids learning Japanese, and what would be the point of that these days?

No doubt in thirty years, after China has declined or been engulfed in debt and Africa is the up and coming country, everyone will be saying it is imperative our kids learn BongoBongo or whatever the latest trendy language there is called!
                      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
                      X