• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

HMRC: No more credit card payments

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Benny View Post
    Are DVLA doing the same?
    No.

https://twitter.com/DVLAgovuk/status/951808241826222080

Comment

Originally posted by TheCyclingProgrammer View Post

I guess I’m in the minority but why do people who pay tax by self assessment expect special treatment? Why should everyone else pay for their financial mismanagement?
      That is easy to say if you a disguised employee contractor with little or no financial commitments.
      If you are running a business with employees and business rates, cash flow is a problem. Furthermore, often tax bills are assessed and deemed by HMRC when they are wildly wrong. One poor chap I know rand his business at a loss for five years but HMRC still deemed that he made a profit, he is now disabled and cannot work. He is paying of his tax bill monthly by credit card. This country is so fu*£ed up, the Tories are doing everything possible to crush small businesses and let the multinationals have their monopolies.
      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
        This country is so fu*£ed up, the Tories are doing everything possible to crush small businesses and let the multinationals have their monopolies.
        You want to see fecked up, Corbyn will take it to 11.

Comment

Do they take payments from Paypal? One understands an AMEX card can be linked to Paypal to get around retailers Non-AMEX rules - maybe it works for Her Indoors Robbing Scunthorpes too?

Comment

I should have been a quicker off the mark this month as I have my VAT to pay. I’ve used a credit card all year as the lower rates they charged vs the rewards I got using my Hilton card meant it was better to use that and then pay it back.

Oh well. Need to find another loophole
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
              Oh well. Need to find another loophole
              Have a word with BP, he'll sort you out.

Comment

You get clubcard points if you pay on a Tesco debit card

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
                  Have a word with BP, he'll sort you out.
                  if you are misspelling ars?hole then you need AssGuru.
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCyclingProgrammer View Post
                    Why should you?
                    So you're saying it's a matter of fairness? Delaying payment where possible is part and parcel of running a company, due to marginal gains. How people choose to pay their tax bills is none of your business really, within the law.

I saw some discussion the other day whether you were no longer allowed to charge CC fees, or were allowed to but only the exact amount of the fee. I thought it was the former but saw people claiming the latter.
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                    X