• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Record Player

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Record Player

Been thinking about getting a record player for a few years now. Come Xmas, the missus actually got me something I wanted after being together almost 20 years.

A fooking record player!!!

Guess what I'm now playing!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjFVM1jTolE

As god intended!!!!!! :b anana:
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Been thinking about getting a record player for a few years now. Come Xmas, the missus actually got me something I wanted after being together almost 20 years.

Comment

being together almost 20 years.
      Truly, a remarkable thing.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
        Truly, a remarkable thing.
        Thats the beauty of a locked basement and Amazon.com
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSINO6MKtco
          • The meaning of life is to give life meaning
          • Worrying about tomorrow spoils today

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjFVM1jTolE

As god intended!!!!!! :b anana:
            I put all my record players in the attic when CDs came out. I never got around to dumping them. The collection included three B&Os, now only two as the third was stolen the day I took it out of the attic and transported it in the back on the car.

Edit.

just looked up the s/h price of these, JHC over £1k each...
            Last edited by Paddy; 13 January 2018, 20:57.
            "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Still got my 1210s and a tulip load of vinyl! Priciest one I have seen yet in my collection is this one:
              One Cut Commander, 1998 Original Limited Edition Album Cover & Vinyl, BANKSY | eBay

One sold for £1,300 quid or something a month or three ago. Nice to see the mainstream getting into vinyl again. My collection will be worth at least a whole bitcoin soon

Comment

Originally posted by administrator View Post
                Still got my 1210s and a tulip load of vinyl! Priciest one I have seen yet in my collection is this one:
                One Cut Commander, 1998 Original Limited Edition Album Cover & Vinyl, BANKSY | eBay

One sold for £1,300 quid or something a month or three ago. Nice to see the mainstream getting into vinyl again. My collection will be worth at least a whole bitcoin soon
                One bitcoin? Pah. We have some wax cylinder recordings of David Lloyd George and the rest of the war cabinet farting Deutschland Uber Alles at Christmas 1917. They're up in the attic somewhere. I gather one's father in law was supposed to send them to the Kaiser, but diplomatically forgot. How much am I bid for those feckers?

Comment

Originally posted by PhiltheGreek View Post
                  One bitcoin? Pah. We have some wax cylinder recordings of David Lloyd George and the rest of the war cabinet farting Deutschland Uber Alles at Christmas 1917. They're up in the attic somewhere. I gather one's father in law was supposed to send them to the Kaiser, but diplomatically forgot. How much am I bid for those feckers?
                  'Das Lied der Deutschen' was the German National anthem from 1922, not before. Incidentally, David Lloyd George is the only British PM who's mother tongue wasn't English.

I am available for pub quizzes, and goes on the the quiz machine in pub for the price of a bit of Tuinal on the Old Main Drag....

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
                    'Das Lied der Deutschen' was the German National anthem from 1922, not before. Incidentally, David Lloyd George is the only British PM who's mother tongue wasn't English.

I am available for pub quizzes, and goes on the the quiz machine in pub for the price of a bit of Tuinal on the Old Main Drag....
                    Very good, a point for thoroughness. Have a look at the German propaganda surrounding the Battle of Langemarck though, there's a reason why our erstwhile Cymro chose that particular song

Incidentally, Tafarn y Plu in Llanystumdwy isn't a bad spot, if one happens to be in the vicinity

Comment

Working...
                    X