• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Politics, what's stopping you from running for office?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Ah, I would. But I'm not resident in the UK.
    phew, that's one less worry.

Comment

I've lived a life. My past would render me an unsuitable candidate.
      ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
        I've lived a life. My past would render me an unsuitable candidate.
        You'll have had to have lived a very colourful life to be less suitable than a large number of current MPs.
        England's greatest sailor since Nelson lost the armada.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          Not CUK office. That wasn't election, that was nomination followed by investiture.
          Ah, you mean just like the House of Lords? That explains a hell of a lot...
          His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
            Ah, you mean just like the House of Lords? That explains a hell of a lot...
            Bloody Nepotism!!
            “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
              MF is obviously on the sex pest list. But what's stopping the rest of you?
              Not much of an obstacle these days, it would seem...
              His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Albert View Post
                You'll have had to have lived a very colourful life to be less suitable than a large number of current MPs.
                Let’s face it any of us that regularly post here will have said enough to render us untouchable from an electorate point of view. I wouldn’t have it any other way. [emoji91]

Comment

I'm a poor liar and I'm sure I would give direct answers. Not sure how long I would last, telling the truth.

Plus I'm pro brexit and don't like religion (any religion). Plus I want rid of the monarchy, or just keep Megan. So I don't think I fit any electorate.

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                    Not much of an obstacle these days, it would seem...
                    yeah but they are all getting caught now - even a rogue touch of the knee is enough to get kicked out of the cabinet.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Albert View Post
                      I dread to think what would come out of the woodwork.
                      ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Working...
                      X