• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

NHS study: Globalisation is bad for your health

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    I would, but I fear it would go so far over your head it would leave a vapour trail.

Sorry...........life's too short. But Google is your friend. Go for it.

Google tells me PFI contracts account for 2% of the NHS budget, I don't see your link between PFI contracts and the current NHS problems, in the face of 10 years of economic mismanagement and a 10% fall in public health spending.

Comment

Originally posted by tiggat View Post
      Google tells me PFI contracts account for 2% of the NHS budget, I don't see your link between PFI contracts and the current NHS problems, in the face of 10 years of economic mismanagement and a 10% fall in public health spending.
      Well PFI deals were not exclusively restricted to NHS projects, they were also extensively used to build schools, and to fund a whole raft of other public service schemes.

The costs of servicing the eye-watering debts that this way of operating inevitably leads to cripples the Treasury on an ongoing basis.
      New Labour, and Gordon Brown in particular, hocked the country up to the eyeballs before finally being turfed out in 2010.

Now had they not left this profligate legacy then it may have freed up a lot more cash to be invested in things like the NHS.

But as I said, it gets quite complex. I can almost sense you rocking back and forth as the penny starts to drop.

HTH

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post

The costs of servicing the eye-watering debts that this way of operating inevitably leads to cripples the Treasury on an ongoing basis.
        im still waiting for your explanation of this

Comment

im still waiting for your explanation of this
          SB you need to use lots of pictures!
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
            Yes, and crayons will probably help too.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

IIRC the whole 'keep it off the books' rational was EU driven as we would have faced EU sanctions if we'd 'subsidised' these 'industries'.

Comment

Originally posted by NigelJK View Post
                IIRC the whole 'keep it off the books' rational was EU driven as we would have faced EU sanctions if we'd 'subsidised' these 'industries'.

Shouldn't they be receiving foreign aid from China, France, ..., in return for giving them all the work building UK power plants and the like? That is how foreign aid really works.
                Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                  Here's a nice picture, you can shade in the cost of financing PFI (£4bn) using crayons if you like, do you know how numbers work or is that too much of a stretch for you?

Comment

Yes, it's important to lower the cost of living which is mainly aggravated by cost of living and the wage rates. How this problem is to be tackled by the government, I have no idea but something needs to be done soon.

Comment

Here's a nice picture, you can shade in the cost of financing PFI (£4bn)
                      Further evidence that you have little idea of just how far the effects of PFI actually stretch.

And you a full-blown Barista too!!

Comment

Working...
                      X