• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Running, what's stopping you from running to the office?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, I know I can (Alright, could, I'm a bit out of training) run a decent cross country 10 miles with around 15kg of luggage. But, it's really not good for a laptop to be running with it and I still have spinning disks!

That and showering at work and dealing with getting shirts there is a PITA.

The other thing is that I much prefer to run on an evening. I've never got this thing of running in the morning being a good start to the day - I always feel very much like I got up early and went for a run. I.e., tired, worn out and in no mood for work.

Comment

Spinning disks? This is 2010 calling. They want their laptop back....
      And the lord said unto John; "come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Comment

Originally posted by b0redom View Post
        Spinning disks? This is 2010 calling. They want their laptop back....
        I knew somebody would comment! It's actually got a decent 500GB SSD primary drive and then a 2TB secondary drive. I could probably upgrade now, but it was an expensive game at the time.

I think I've also got a spinning USB HDD in my bag - that should probably be migrated to be fair!

Either way, I definitely wouldn't be taking my own laptop on a run!

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
          I knew somebody would comment! It's actually got a decent 500GB SSD primary drive and then a 2TB secondary drive. I could probably upgrade now, but it was an expensive game at the time.

I think I've also got a spinning USB HDD in my bag - that should probably be migrated to be fair!

Either way, I definitely wouldn't be taking my own laptop on a run!
          Just a get one of those running prams and stick your laptop in there. Probably get your lunch in there to along with a flash of nice coffee.

Comment

92 miles is a bit of a long run every morning and evening

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
              Just a get one of those running prams and stick your laptop in there. Probably get your lunch in there to along with a flash of nice coffee.
              Woohoo are you particularly bored today!?

Comment

I "run" every morning, takes me 25 minutes to reach the office.

Which is surprising, since I'm mostly working from home these days. Maybe I need to get my fitness checked out?
                First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Originally posted by mattfx View Post
                  Woohoo are you particularly bored today!?
                  I like to take time out for my day to help the CUK community. If that's wrong I don't want to be right.

Comment

I sometimes run a bath in the morning. does that count?

Comment

bad enough going to work but running to it -
                      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                      X